Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you have had an early miscarriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I am 5 weeks 6 days. I started spotting brown yesterday afternoon. Now I am starting to get a little blood.. just wondering how long it will last before its over. How painful was it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Wasn't more painful than a heavy period. Bled very hard and clotty for 2-3 days and then had a slightly longer period like bleeding for about a week and a half more. I was about 9 weeks when they declared it had died and I wanted to just do it all natural. Took two more weeks to start.
oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM

call ur ob doctors and get in immedently. they will have to do blood test and altra sound to make sure the baby is okay. cause i had a miscairge with blood and i was only 2 weeks along. I hope everything goes well for you. and let ur husband or BF fiancae know about it and have him meet u at the doctors. cause some girls when there pregnant still gets there period. so i would call. good luck.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Ditto for the miscarriage I had at 5 weeks. But also,I had some brown spotting that turned in to bleeding when I was about 5 wks pregnant with my daughter.It turned out to be nothing.Go see your OB to get everything checked.

Quoting KrissyKC: Wasn't more painful than a heavy period. Bled very hard and clotty for 2-3 days and then had a slightly longer period like bleeding for about a week and a half more.  

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:49 PM

usually they cannot do anything for you this early in the game. Its not painful  more like a heavy period. You can spot and be okay  .. i spotted with my 4 month old  until 8 weeks  ( i had an early los    8 weeks before i got pregnant with her) so i thought i would lose her too/

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and it was just like a heavy period. I'm sorry you're going through this :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM

spotting and bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. i've been spotting since 6 weeks because of a poylp on my cervix. if you don't have any cramping i wouldn't just suspect the worst right off the bat. i had cramping and heavy bleeding for two days and then mild cramping and bleeding for like another week after that when i had my miscarriage at around 6 weeks.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Pretty much like this, but I was a little further and the cramping was severe. 

Quoting MrsApple:

Ditto for the miscarriage I had at 5 weeks. But also,I had some brown spotting that turned in to bleeding when I was about 5 wks pregnant with my daughter.It turned out to be nothing.Go see your OB to get everything checked.

Quoting KrissyKC: Wasn't more painful than a heavy period. Bled very hard and clotty for 2-3 days and then had a slightly longer period like bleeding for about a week and a half more.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Was no different than a reallllllly heavy period for me. I dont have heavy periods and I usually only bleed for two days. That lasted five.
Freela
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Give your doctor a call to see if it actually is a miscarriage first.  They can do serial beta hCG tests to see what your hormone levels are doing and can give you a more definitive answer.  I've had both a first tri miscarriage and bleeding during normal pregnancies, so it can go either way.  Lots of luck to you!

JohnnysGirl1967
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:55 PM

So sorry to hear this. I was about that far along when I had mine. I had always had painful periods, so I'm just speaking from my experience...I bled for about 2 weeks. The first 3 days, was very heavy & clotty. Those first three days were very painful. Go to your ob and have him/her prescribe some pain meds after doing bloodwork to fully determine it is a miscarriage. Follow up in case you need a d&c. ~Hugs~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)