Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im deseperate! will this work? FINAL UPDATE!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM
  • 111 Replies
Final update.

While it was NOT my intention at all, regardless of anon comments, two moms agreed to split the cost and get us into a hotel. I feel so blessed to know these women (i have seen both on cm before)
I won't share who, that's tacky, they are more than welcome to share who they are.

Good bless you both and thank you so so so much

Cancel that update. We cant stay at that place. It's a rescue mission and has dog addicts and crepes that were already looking my 10 year old up and down. Grrr. Still looking.

Update

Thanks all! I called one of the churches and they got me in contact with a women's shelter in Redding that will let us stay the night

>So many of you know that my dd and i left my husband and to get away from him we went to Washington state. Well it all fell apart, i didn't get the job that was promised and we only had so much time in the dv shelter, so we are on our way back to my parents house. But i only had 200. I thought it would work but we didn't make it. We are stuck about an hour away from Sacramento, almost out of gas and with 16 bucks left.

My dad can get me money in my PayPal account tomorrow, but he is broke today.

My question is,

Do you think a hotel will allow us to stay, and pay in the morning? So that my baby girl doesn't have to know the feeling of sleeping in our van?
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessecutez2
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Maybe... but can any one put it on a cc for you?
arimaur
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:56 PM
try finding a church and ask of they have room or know of a family that could take you in for the night.
Vmiller2008
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:57 PM
What about Western Union
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:57 PM
I'm sorry. Are there any shelters close by?
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM
No the only cci have is the visa paypal card i have. I don't know anyone here

Quoting jessecutez2: Maybe... but can any one put it on a cc for you?
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Usually you pay at the end of the stay, I believe, But they need the hold money for incidentals.
My4Kidds
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM
They normally don't...use ur internet and Google shelters where u are for the nite.
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM
That's a good idea

Quoting arimaur: try finding a church and ask of they have room or know of a family that could take you in for the night.
heydooney
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump for you, if I was close I'd rent a room for you. Good luck! If it doesn't work out, be upbeat and happy about sleeping in the van and make it an adventure.
Chaos1229
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Try calling some churches and explain the situation , or try the police department they might be able to point you in the right direction of help .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured