Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think you are pathetic if you are a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And refuse to find work IF your husband/boyfriend/fiancé/partner could no longer Afford to provide for the family on just his income

ETA: This includes having to get on PA, rather than getting a Job to supplement the income
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Yes. Next.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Well, duh. If I HAVE to, then I HAVE to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Some people may prefer it to be that way. For instance in the Philippines it's the norm for the woman to be working outside the home and the husband stays at home with the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

How bout a guy who refuses to stay at home to watch the kids while the woman brings home the bacon? 

crazymom21
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I guess I could have been more specific on that sorry. As long as someone is providing that's all that matters. Who stays at home isn't what matters. Now if said man stayed home but was worthless then yeah he should be the one working.

Quoting Perle1:

Quoting crazymom21: How does that even work? No problems here because I married a real man who unless he was unable to always provides. If something happened to him then of course I'd do what needed to be done.

My best friend is married to a very real man who stays at home with the kids. 

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I agree, IF you're able to. I am disabled. In my current state, there is no job that would hire me.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Yep
JTnJT
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Umm....yeah, someone needs to bring home a paycheck.  It would be pathetic to sit at home if there weren't any funds available by which to support whomever may be in the household.

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:10 PM
People do that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Apparently some chicks on CM! I was reading comments from another post!

Quoting Anonymous: Duh! Who the fuck does that?
LowryCuisine
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

And why is that? Because we are the sole provider at home while our husbands make the money? Do you think we sit around eating bon bons and shopping? Do you think we have nothing of value to contribute to the marriage?

Quoting Anonymous:

You could have left it at the subject and I'd agree with you. The title with the post? Obviously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)