Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think you are pathetic if you are a SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And refuse to find work IF your husband/boyfriend/fiancé/partner could no longer Afford to provide for the family on just his income

ETA: This includes having to get on PA, rather than getting a Job to supplement the income
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Really? I've never heard that before. 

Quoting Anonymous: Some people may prefer it to be that way. For instance in the Philippines it's the norm for the woman to be working outside the home and the husband stays at home with the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

How bout a guy who refuses to stay at home to watch the kids while the woman brings home the bacon? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to admit I get really irritated with my stay at home mom friends chose to stay home even though they have to live in public housing and get food stamps and welfare. If I had to chose between living off of welfare and getting a job, my kids would be in daycare and I would get a job.

Jstockwell126
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM

When my husband lost his job a few years ago, he decided to stay home and we gave me bringing in the bacon a try. Unfortunately, we both hated the new roles so he just got a new job haha

Quoting smalltowngal:

Really? I've never heard that before. 

Quoting Anonymous: Some people may prefer it to be that way. For instance in the Philippines it's the norm for the woman to be working outside the home and the husband stays at home with the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

How bout a guy who refuses to stay at home to watch the kids while the woman brings home the bacon? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Interesting. Do you have any links about that? 

Quoting Anonymous:

caustinb
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM
You mean nobody works? Or they are just low income on one paycheck?

Quoting Anonymous: Apparently some chicks on CM! I was reading comments from another post!

Quoting Anonymous: Duh! Who the fuck does that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM but I agree. I used to work before I got pregnant and would quickly go back if/when it's necessary.

I know girls like you described in the OP though. And worse, girls that are SAHM but don't actually care for their home or children.
Perle1
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Quoting crazymom21: I guess I could have been more specific on that sorry. As long as someone is providing that's all that matters. Who stays at home isn't what matters. Now if said man stayed home but was worthless then yeah he should be the one working.

Quoting Perle1:

Quoting crazymom21: How does that even work? No problems here because I married a real man who unless he was unable to always provides. If something happened to him then of course I'd do what needed to be done.

My best friend is married to a very real man who stays at home with the kids. 

Oh good, I was offended on his behalf for a minute :) He's had a few moments of feeling disrespected, even by his own family (not the wife). He is a great dad and his wife makes six figures. She would never have the patience to deal with the kids all day, every day anyway. We are medical professionals and its actually not that uncommon among us. In many cases the women who are doctors/nurse practitioners are the primary wage earners. We are very careful to carry adequate disability and life insurance so our families can maintain their standard of living in the event we are unable to work,

crazymom21
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I usually think my replies through better lol. Being a stay at home parent isn't easy so if he is doing his part that's what counts =). I know my dh couldn't do it unless he had no choice then he'd make it work.

Quoting Perle1:

Quoting crazymom21: I guess I could have been more specific on that sorry. As long as someone is providing that's all that matters. Who stays at home isn't what matters. Now if said man stayed home but was worthless then yeah he should be the one working.

Quoting Perle1:

Quoting crazymom21: How does that even work? No problems here because I married a real man who unless he was unable to always provides. If something happened to him then of course I'd do what needed to be done.

My best friend is married to a very real man who stays at home with the kids. 

Oh good, I was offended on his behalf for a minute :) He's had a few moments of feeling disrespected, even by his own family (not the wife). He is a great dad and his wife makes six figures. She would never have the patience to deal with the kids all day, every day anyway. We are medical professionals and its actually not that uncommon among us. In many cases the women who are doctors/nurse practitioners are the primary wage earners. We are very careful to carry adequate disability and life insurance so our families can maintain their standard of living in the event we are unable to work,

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I think moms that worry about the choices of others are pathetic. We are both committed to one parent staying home. We will do whatever needs to be done.
withsecond
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM
I don't worry myself over other people's marriages.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN