Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creepy man at work should take a damn picture instead. WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I work at a library. So I've been here 4 months. The first week I started this creepy man (born in 1971) I am 22 btw comes up to me and asks me if I'm new. I responded yes, what can I help you with? And he gives me these long blank stares and I told him I have to get back to work. He replies do you work tmrw? I respond I don't know why is that of any of your concern. And he leaves.

He's a regular at the library and always uses the computers and every time I walk past him he gives the most obvious head turning looks and I can feel that I'm being starred at. I feel completely uncomfortable! So I mentioned it to my manager.

The second week he kept doing the same thing with the starring me down and he will stare at me for 10 seconds min. My manager notices how creepy he is and every time he sees her he stops looking at me.

He also leaves when we close because we have to kick him out and explain to him that we are closing.
So one night we close at 8pm I stay to count the money (2 people close together all the time)
I finish at around 8:20-8:25. We close the library and I see him across the street from where I parked on his bike. It was too dark to see where he was looking but he facing the direction of my car.

Next day I told the manager that's enough he creeps me out so bad I don't want to come in. So he comes in that day and my manager speaks to him and she told him he cannot and better not wait for an employee after work if he continues to do that we will call the police and he acted as if he didn't know what she was taking about.

I did tell my s/o about it who got extremely upset and said I should file a restraining order against him but is this really stalking or when is it possible to do something because this guy really gives me the creeps and I don't feel like coming to work knowing he might come in and stare at me like a hungry dog waiting for some damn meat. I do carry pepperspray but still doesn't mean I'm safe. What would u do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would  have  my SO   come  by    while  he is there  and  give me a hug and a kiss in front  of  him.  It might  take that  to get the message across to him.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:24 PM
4 moms liked this

send him a "you owe $87.75 in late fees." letter.

most people wont go near a library after that.

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Quoting dmarie2101:

If  he is only  using the computer that won't work.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM
LMAO! Best reply.

Quoting dmarie2101:

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Bonnie_:

Quoting dmarie2101:

If  he is only  using the computer that won't work.

it doesnt have to be TRUE.

or send him a horse head. whatever.

tell him he can only come to the library if he reads twilight every day.

Alicia_Griffin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM
He could be a creepy serial killer! Stay far away from him
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM
My husband came in to bring my lunch one day and that creep was there. He saw me interacting with my husband (hug, kiss and laughing) he left the library early that day.

Quoting Bonnie_:

I would  have  my SO   come  by    while  he is there  and  give me a hug and a kiss in front  of  him.  It might  take that  to get the message across to him.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Wow, that is creepy. I'm glad you have pepper spray. Make sure you always leave work in groups or at least pairs.

I'm not sure there's much you can do but I'd ignore him as much as possible.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well thank you. Some people don't get my humor. :o(

Quoting AnHpuresugar: LMAO! Best reply.

Quoting dmarie2101:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM
He got the message long ago. He's infatuated with OP. She has a long road ahead of her

Quoting Bonnie_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured