Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

whatever

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it cheaper to make your own cleaning product

Options:

yes

no

meh. i haven't seen a difference

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Hey mamas, I was on CM forever ago and forgot my username and pw lol ooops, anyhoo, just a question, is it cheaper (in your opinion) to make your own homemade all purpose cleaner for the home or buy it? If you make your own, what's your recipe? If you buy it, what do you use? I'm tired of having a butt load of cleaning bottles under my sink and want to keep just one handy spritzer. Thanks ladies :-)

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I use vinegar and water in a spray bottle for almost everything. I also make my own Febreeze/Lysol type of spray.
whohasmyname
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Probably it is in the long run. 

stealth77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:50 PM
I use vinegar for pretty much everything.
mary716
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Ooh how do we make our own fabreeze? Is it the fabric refresher or the air freshener?

Quoting Anonymous: I use vinegar and water in a spray bottle for almost everything. I also make my own Febreeze/Lysol type of spray.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I don't know why I'm anon sometimes, lol. It wouldn't let me add a pic to your reply but here's what I use. I wrote it down because I kept forgetting, lol.

I use it as both fabric and air freshener. I use the lavender scent beads for laundry.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Totally random but it won't let me go under my name! This is so weird.

Okay, never mind. It's fine now. Odd.
mary716
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I know my grandma used to simmer orange and lemon slices in water on the stove and it always smelled summery

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

I don't know why I'm anon sometimes, lol. It wouldn't let me add a pic to your reply but here's what I use. I wrote it down because I kept forgetting, lol.

I use it as both fabric and air freshener. I use the lavender scent beads for laundry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I've done that before too. It smelled so good. :)

Just oranges though. Now I want to do it again with lemons too!

Quoting mary716: Thanks! I know my grandma used to simmer orange and lemon slices in water on the stove and it always smelled summery

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)