Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you don't have at least 3 kids you'll regret it. . .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 241 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH says we will regret it if we stop at two. But I see so many advantages to two kids.

1. keeping the kids' age span fairly close (3 years apart) so we could do lots of family hikes/camping trips etc. not mom stays home w/ the baby and dad takes the old kids.

2. No more pregnancy! I got severe anxiety during pregnancy due to the hormones as well as awful morning sickness for 7 months, felt like the 7 month stomach bug.

3. Go back to work! DH and I agreed that I'd be a SAHM until the kids were school age so can't wait to get back into the professional world again. (I'm a teacher so it will work out great w/ them going to school. :)

4. Easier to have a babysitter. You can always swap babysitting w/ a friend for two and grandparents are happy to watch a toddler and kindergartener. Add a baby to the mix and I bet DH and I won't be getting any more date nights for a WHILE.

5. Less chaos. It's pretty calm in our house. I can't say that for my friends w/ three kids.

6. Easier. We've done life the hard way the last 5 years w/ some life circumstances and it's been very hard on my health. I think stopping at two will help my mental and physical health.

BUT.... I came from a family of four kids and always said i wanted a big family and it seems weird to stop at 2. And DH thinks it will be boring to only have two kids.

so what do you think? Did you regret only having two?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeaganP
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM
5 moms liked this
No thank u

One is enough
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I only have one, he's 12 and I don't regret it one bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM

how did you make your choice?

Quoting bmw29: I only have one, he's 12 and I don't regret it one bit.

working-girl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I have SS and DD... and I'm good. No one will ever talk me into believing 3 is better. lol! Two is too MUCH! Haha!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I only really want 2
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

we only have 2 kids, 1 is an 18 yr old adult and we cant wait for the next 4 yrs to be over , so other 1 is an 18 yr old adult... We have gotten a taste of getting our freedom back. lol

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Hell no i dont regret it
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM

why? Would love to hear about your thought process! And glad you aren't being pressured into something you don't want. It's hard for me to know my own mind on this subject.

Quoting working-girl:

I have SS and DD... and I'm good. No one will ever talk me into believing 3 is better. lol! Two is too MUCH! Haha!

elfling811
by Niki on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I am one and done on purpose. Don't regret it at all!
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. We wanted two kids and we had two kids. No regrets.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)