If you don't have at least 3 kids you'll regret it. . .
DH says we will regret it if we stop at two. But I see so many advantages to two kids.
1. keeping the kids' age span fairly close (3 years apart) so we could do lots of family hikes/camping trips etc. not mom stays home w/ the baby and dad takes the old kids.
2. No more pregnancy! I got severe anxiety during pregnancy due to the hormones as well as awful morning sickness for 7 months, felt like the 7 month stomach bug.
3. Go back to work! DH and I agreed that I'd be a SAHM until the kids were school age so can't wait to get back into the professional world again. (I'm a teacher so it will work out great w/ them going to school. :)
4. Easier to have a babysitter. You can always swap babysitting w/ a friend for two and grandparents are happy to watch a toddler and kindergartener. Add a baby to the mix and I bet DH and I won't be getting any more date nights for a WHILE.
5. Less chaos. It's pretty calm in our house. I can't say that for my friends w/ three kids.
6. Easier. We've done life the hard way the last 5 years w/ some life circumstances and it's been very hard on my health. I think stopping at two will help my mental and physical health.
BUT.... I came from a family of four kids and always said i wanted a big family and it seems weird to stop at 2. And DH thinks it will be boring to only have two kids.
so what do you think? Did you regret only having two?