Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I'm NOT Ashamed of it!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:09 PM
  • 130 Replies
4 moms liked this

Too many moms in here try to make others feel ashamed about everything. Here are some things that moms have tried to shame me on that I refuse to feel ashamed about:

I have 5 children

Each of my children have unique names (Kazmira, Azaria, Zajanah, Zayden, Ylazia)

I ebf for at least 6 months

My 9, 8, and 6 year olds are not my current husbands children.

My 19 month old and 3 month old are half black.

I co-sleep for at least the first 3 months, though usually longer.

I believe in allowing my children to self soothe

I practice a form of the eastern culture's skin bonding up until around the age of 1.

I homeschool.

I am a stay at home/work at home mom.

I have no respect for people who buy candy or soda on food stamps

I do believe that food stamps is a necessary program.

I have never left my children with a baby sitter.

I am obese.

I enforce a natural, organic diet for my children.

I have never fed my children fast food.

Everything I cook or bake is from scratch.

I vaccinate.

I don't run to the pediatrician for every sniffle and sneeze.

I love reptiles.

I am pro choice but I feel sad inside every time I hear someone chose abortion.

That's all I can think of for now. If you want to bash anything up there, feel free. Otherwise, what are some things that the moms of CM have tried to shame you for?

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
5 moms liked this

As long as you don't feel that every woman needs to make the same choices that you did I'm good.

Photo: -Randi.

Mtdewwid
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Tell me about this skin bonding thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM
7 moms liked this
This hasn't happened to me on CM, but among FB and some real life friends. A big one, is the Pinterest Mom. The moms who do a million crafts, make everything from scratch, keep a spotless house, invent sensory activities, do advanced math with their toddlers, and still have time for the hubby, all in one day! Ha I know I am exaggerating, but it seems like some moms try to make themselves seem perfect. I do a lot of those things with my kids, but by no means does it always come out the way I expect. I hate the moms that shame you for being anything less than SuperMom.

I wish moms could be more supportive of each other, rather than always trying to compete.
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Skin bonding, also known as skin to skin bonding starts when the baby is born. The baby is immediately put onto the mother's bare chest/stomach before being wrapped. This helps to facilitate an immediate bond. In the eatern cultures, many mothers practice this bonding from birth until around the age of 5. 

Personally, while breastfeeding, I will take off both my top and bra while the baby is only in a diaper. I feed the baby, then afterward, spend about 15-20 minutes holding him/her topless. When you use skin to skin bonding, you have the baby down to the diaper and have you shirt off, with or without a bra, and basically just cuddle. You hold the baby as close to your heart as you can and speak soothing words to him/her.

Once I stop breastfeeding, I do skin bonding with a bra on but no shirt. I do this for approximately the first year of my children's lives. I have a very strong bond with all 5 of my children an I attribute that to my bonding practices.

Quoting Mtdewwid: Tell me about this skin bonding thing.

SaraA_1989
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:31 PM
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Oh, yes! Not everyone can be a super mom. Frankly, not everyone WANTS to be a supermom. Just because someone is, doesn't mean those who aren't are inferior!

And I agree. Parenting shouldn't be a competition.

Quoting Anonymous: This hasn't happened to me on CM, but among FB and some real life friends. A big one, is the Pinterest Mom. The moms who do a million crafts, make everything from scratch, keep a spotless house, invent sensory activities, do advanced math with their toddlers, and still have time for the hubby, all in one day! Ha I know I am exaggerating, but it seems like some moms try to make themselves seem perfect. I do a lot of those things with my kids, but by no means does it always come out the way I expect. I hate the moms that shame you for being anything less than SuperMom.

I wish moms could be more supportive of each other, rather than always trying to compete.

Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM
What is the skin thing you do until 1?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Are you married to the man who helped make all those kids- shakes head ..

Quoting mom2many747:

Too many moms in here try to make others feel ashamed about everything. Here are some things that moms have tried to shame me on that I refuse to feel ashamed about:

I have 5 children

Each of my children have unique names (Kazmira, Azaria, Zajanah, Zayden, Ylazia)

I ebf for at least 6 months

My 9, 8, and 6 year olds are not my current husbands children.

My 19 month old and 3 month old are half black.

I co-sleep for at least the first 3 months, though usually longer.

I believe in allowing my children to self soothe

I practice a form of the eastern culture's skin bonding up until around the age of 1.

I homeschool.

I am a stay at home/work at home mom.

I have no respect for people who buy candy or soda on food stamps

I do believe that food stamps is a necessary program.

I have never left my children with a baby sitter.

I am obese.

I enforce a natural, organic diet for my children.

I have never fed my children fast food.

Everything I cook or bake is from scratch.

I vaccinate.

I don't run to the pediatrician for every sniffle and sneeze.

I love reptiles.

I am pro choice but I feel sad inside every time I hear someone chose abortion.

That's all I can think of for now. If you want to bash anything up there, feel free. Otherwise, what are some things that the moms of CM have tried to shame you for?

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I want all mother's to feel free to make thier own choices. Short of abusing your children, I'll never judge another person on their parenting choices.

Quoting brettsmomma:

As long as you don't feel that every woman needs to make the same choices that you did I'm good.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree. We are all different and parent different. It's ridiculous some people can't accept that.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN