Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My lady bits are opening?! UPDATE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
I'm 38 Wks pregnant and 3-4 cm dilated. As I'm sitting in bed I started feeling like my vagina is opening up like in spasms. Almost like kegel exercises. Anyone ever have this? This is baby #4 for me and something I've never felt before...

ETA: thanks ladies for your quick and great responses. I called the OB on call and he said to just keep track of it. If it doesn't go away, if it's gets worse or contractions become stronger/regular, then to head right into L&D.

UPDATE!
Sebastian Joseph made it into this world at 12:44 AM this morning 1/26. He weighs 7 lbs 13 oz and measures 20". Both he and I are doing wonderfully! Pics in replies!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma182
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM
... never happened to me. I would be concerned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I hate to call my dr and get sent to L&D for no reason... And there's a huge snowstorm outside that will not subside until morning, so far we have 10".

Quoting niki_hubbard: ... never happened to me. I would be concerned.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I've never had that happen. Maybe your body is practicing for labor? I'd call the doctor to see what he/she thinks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:18 PM
That's what I'm thinking... I don't want to call my dr, I'm being stubborn lol, I just know he's going to send me to L&D and we're in the middle of a huge snowstorm.

Quoting ShannaBee: I've never had that happen. Maybe your body is practicing for labor? I'd call the doctor to see what he/she thinks.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Have you walked around or taken a shower to see if it stops?

Quoting Anonymous: That's what I'm thinking... I don't want to call my dr, I'm being stubborn lol, I just know he's going to send me to L&D and we're in the middle of a huge snowstorm.

Quoting ShannaBee: I've never had that happen. Maybe your body is practicing for labor? I'd call the doctor to see what he/she thinks.
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Does it feel like pressure? With my middle daughter I had a ton of pressure like I had to push. I ended up being 4cms when I got to the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana-to-9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Probably Braxton hicks contractions and a baby moving lower in the pelvis

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I would just relax with your feet up and drink water. As long as you arent contracting it should be ok but if you feel like you need to get checked out please do.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I really don't know. But if you are not in active labor they will just send you home anyway. I would wait till morning and see how you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured