Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was going to give my two week notice but now I think I am just going to quit and leave Small Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies

I was planning on giving my two week notice this morning when I go into work. I was checking my email and my boss sent everyone a really nasty email and now I am just going to quit and leave. 

I can not take 2 more weeks of her bs. I dont need her as a reference so I am not even going to bother with a two week notice 

ETA: I am not going to be looking for another job. I am done working for good. My DH has already officially retired and I am right there behind him

Update: I walked in and quit. She got really angry and told me to just go. One of my other coworkers also quit and a third is thinking about it. No one likes being treated like that 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kool_Aide
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Aren't you smart! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

What was the email?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:17 AM
No! Just tough it out. Don't let her win!!!
Liastele
by Lauren on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Why not give your notice and stick it out for 2 more weeks? Since they know you are leaving they will have less reason to demand things of you. Do the right thing.

If your boss is horrid, forward the email she sent to her boss. Have her spoken to and corrected. Handle it like an adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:18 AM
I've been there too. It sucks but you got to do what's best for you. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Don't burn your bridges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I did that once. I worked for a retail store while in college. The manager was horrible. On my first week there, she yelled and scolded me in the front of the store while customers were around us. My job at the time was simply to greet customers and inform them of the current sales. Anyway, she flipped out on me cause she wasn't meeting HER sales quota for the week. (Like it was my fault when I was only working 12 hrs a week.) So the next day when I was supposed to work, I walked in early to quit. She goes, "Oh you're early you don't work till later." To which I responded, "Oh no...I'm not coming back. I quit." And I never went back. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Just a whole bunch of call outs. She was telling one of my coworkers that she needed to bring an air freshener for when she goes to the bath room

She told me that I was a slob because I left my coffee mess in the break room (which is funny because I dont ever drink coffee)

She told another one of my coworkers that she smelled and should get prescription strength DO

She told one of my coworkers that his gf is annoying and she wishes he would find another plus 1 to all of the events

and on and on. None of those things should have been said in a mass email to everyone

Quoting Anonymous:

What was the email?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Do not do it! I did and it is not easy finding a job after.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was planning on giving my two week notice this morning when I go into work. I was checking my email and my boss sent everyone a really nasty email and now I am just going to quit and leave. 

I can not take 2 more weeks of her bs. I dont need her as a reference so I am not even going to bother with a two week notice 

mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting Liastele:

Why not give your notice and stick it out for 2 more weeks? Since they know you are leaving they will have less reason to demand things of you. Do the right thing.

If your boss is horrid, forward the email she sent to her boss. Have her spoken to and corrected. Handle it like an adult.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN