Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my exhusband is talking bad about me to my kids. HELP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been divorced since September 2013 after being married for 9 years. We currently retain EOW custody of our two kids ages 6 and 2 and up until now he's been agreeable. Lately my oldest has been coming home asking me why daddy keeps calling mommy a "bitch" and saying that I am "worthless" she doesn't know what those words mean but she understands that the word bitch is not only derogatory but a word she shouldn't say in the first place (she whispered it in my ear). I called my exdh and asked him what was going on and he started LAUGHING saying that she was just taking things out of context.

Well they were over there last weekend and I stumbled upon his gf's Twitter account and I was shocked. I screen capped them in case later we go to court or anything of the like. She called me a "stupid fucking worthless cunt of a mother" and went on about how she's a better mother than I will ever be. It's really starting to irritate me but I have no ground to stand on. I can't just say "hey stop talking shit" because they are adults and have the right to say whatever they wish. I just want them to stop telling the KIDS. They are just kids, regardless of my feelings towards my ex they are part of him and bad-mouthing him in front of the kids tells them in a way that part of them is bad too. I just want the same respect!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tlynn28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually you can talk to your lawyer about that. They shouldn't call u names infront of the kids like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Quoting tlynn28: Actually you can talk to your lawyer about that. They shouldn't call u names infront of the kids like that.

My lawyer already said that I need to take screencaps of anything that is said on social media about me but the main problem is it is still "hearsay" because I didn't hear it first hand. Obviously I believe my children but it's still difficult to prove.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM

anyone ever had to deal with this? I need insight.

tlynn28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Well just keep those screen caps as proof. If the new gf keeps posting stuff like that and the judge sees it he could take some of there visitation away. When My parents got divorced my dad got full custody if us. And at first my mom only had supervised visitation. The judge told her she needed to act like an adult if she wanted regular visitation
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Quoting tlynn28: Well just keep those screen caps as proof. If the new gf keeps posting stuff like that and the judge sees it he could take some of there visitation away. When My parents got divorced my dad got full custody if us. And at first my mom only had supervised visitation. The judge told her she needed to act like an adult if she wanted regular visitation

Part of the reason we divorced was due to his unwillingness to be an adult. He would blow paychecks on stupid things like watches for him or shoes or even just blow it on booze at the nightclubs. We didn't get married "young" either I was 25 and he was 28 when we wed. He's 37 and still acts like he's a child and that includes not even giving a rip about his kids. Our 6yr old fell and broke her arm in December at his house because he didn't think he needed to be watching her when she was outside on the play set.

I want my children to have a relationship with their father--he IS their dad after all but he makes it so terribly difficult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Only all the time the last few years. And it can be deemed custodial interference so document your pretty little ass off and get your kids to a counselor!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Only all the time the last few years. And it can be deemed custodial interference so document your pretty little ass off and get your kids to a counselor!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would they need to see a counselor? I'm really just wondering because my lawyer never said anything about that, he just reminded me to document everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Because while you cannot tell the judge what the kids are telling you a counselor can. Also, do you really think listening to that crap all the time isn't going to give the kids some issues? Divorce is hard enough on a kid without that kind of immature BS.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Only all the time the last few years. And it can be deemed custodial interference so document your pretty little ass off and get your kids to a counselor!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would they need to see a counselor? I'm really just wondering because my lawyer never said anything about that, he just reminded me to document everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)