Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should a step parent be the only caretaker?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
Or should one of the parents step up and help? (Ex sm watches kids by herself and has to make all medical and educational choices for said kis. Lets say there are 4 of them under the age of 10. When first together mom took them during the mornings until dad got home. 16 hours a day and the ncp gets them only Eow)

There are 4 adults in ncp home. 2 not working
4 sks. One who has tried killing siblings, another who cries at everything, another who fights her tooth and nail. The other is fine.
She has 1 of her own who is special needs with mwdical problems
1 child that is both of theirs again major medical problens
She herself has major major medical problems. They are at the doctors a minimum og 5 times a month not including therapy apointments

Ncp uaed to take them from 5am to 6pm this stoped when got married.
Sm wants to work but is not allowed. Its always pointed out how sick she is. How much worse her health will be if she works..)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Bump
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I don't know what you are asking. If sm is the only one at home then of course she is the caretaker.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Should she have to or should one of the bp step up and actualy take care of the kids they created.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I don't know what you are asking. If sm is the only one at home then of course she is the caretaker.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM

She shouldn't have to, but if she wants to and Mom doesn't then I guess she can go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Bump
mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM

well, of course they should, doesn't always mean it happens though :/

Quoting Anonymous: Should she have to or should one of the bp step up and actualy take care of the kids they created.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM
If her DH and the kids BM work and she doesn't, she should help care for the kids.

No free pass!

DH puts food in your mouth, you guard his treasures!

Not that hard if a concept!!

Quoting Anonymous: Should she have to or should one of the bp step up and actualy take care of the kids they created.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM
What if she does not want to and it is getting VERY overwhelming for her? Like she wants to admit herself into a hospital but cant because no one will care for the kids.

Quoting WifeyC:

She shouldn't have to, but if she wants to and Mom doesn't then I guess she can go for it.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM

To me it is just like a normal household where one parent works and the other takes care of the kids. What is the other parent suppose to do? Not work?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured