Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The teacher asked me to tone my DD's Flat Stanley project down

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 200 Replies

Apparently we seem like show offs because of our project. My DH is a commerical pilot between him and his coworkers and family our flat stanley has been to a lot of cool places. They did an update day where the kids showed where their FS has been and I guess my DD "showed everyone up" and "made kids feel bad"

Now my DD is upset. We were not trying to hurt anyones feelings or anything.

Would you leave out part of the FS project knowing it would make your DD sad or would you just show what your FS did?

I am not really sure what to do here

ETA: The project is based on a book about FS a boy who got flattened and then mailed himself around the world. The project works (at least for us) by making a flat stanely and then sending him on adventures. He reports back to you with pictures and all the stuff he has done

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Teeshann
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM
32 moms liked this

Oh i'm sorry. you have to be mediocre because nobody else could do as big of a project.

how dumb. sorry this bugs me just a bit. i would turn in her project she did and tell the teacher she shouldn't be made to feel bad for an awesome project.

askmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Some families have more fun with this project than others. Let her show how much fun you guys had!!!!
mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM

what a silly thing to be upset over... on the teacher's part. i'd just keep doing what you're doing.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I would let her do as she pleases. She worked hard on it.
ZombieMeat
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM
8 moms liked this

I wouldn't tone it down because the little snowflakes can't handle th real world.

phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
8 moms liked this
Boy, real life is gonna suck hard for some of these kids.

You send Stanley wherever you want. I would love to see all the places he's been!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Your Dd is a commercial pilot?

Is your daughter making it to all these places? I think that would make more sense just to include the places she has been with it.
IrishMama625
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM
3 moms liked this

I would speak to the principle this is unacceptable. You should not feel uncomfortable that you are teaching your child to dive head first into projects. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM
At our school we can only do it in state to prevent that. It's very frustrating because we don't have any family in state or friends outside our immediate area but I have family all over the world who would be willing to participate.

Your daughter does have a bit of an unfair advantage since she doesn't have to wait for mail but if I were her teacher I'd be thrilled to have such a widely traveled Stanley.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM

No lol thank you for pointing that out I corrected my post my DH is a pilot

We have gone to some place but the point is to send flat stanley on an adventure 

Quoting Anonymous: Your Dd is a commercial pilot?

Is your daughter making it to all these places? I think that would make more sense just to include the places she has been with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured