Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be angry if this was your daughter?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
My friend has a 17 and 15 year old. Her girl is older than her boy. He's had lifelong behavioral problems, and when him and his sister fight he sometimes gets physical. My friend has tried everything to get him to stop but nothing has worked.

They were home alone yesterday when they started fighting about whose turn it was to clean the kitchen (they alternate chores every few days). They apparently got into a blowout argument and her brother smacked her in the face. She called the police on him and he was arrested.

Because it's an ongoing investigation, he can't be in the home with them. My friend has to pay for him and her hubby to stay in a hotel, which they can't really afford.

Would you be mad at her?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

One one hand, she shouldn't be hit in the face. On the other, it's a sibling fight, which I have been in my share of lol. A call to the police might be extreme, but without being there, I don't know. I would be pissed at the situation, not at her. 

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope. He should get his shit under control
chefmartha
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:40 PM
7 moms liked this

Nope. Everybody reaches a breaking point and it sounds like her DD has reached her's. Perhaps this will be a wake-up call for the son.

amanda.lyn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM
4 moms liked this
No, I'd be mad at the boy. Violence isn't ok, it wrong to hit someone else, even if its your sister.
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I don't know...he's old enough to know that that isn't right but I would hope they could work it out without the police...what a mess.

suzanneyea
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I certainly would not be mad. But, I would never allow it to get to that point. He ass would have been in military school years ago.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this

If the parents have not bothered to take care of this, than she had every right to call them if she felt threatened. 'behavioral problems' is not a get out of accountability card. No child (even an older child) should feel physically threatened in their home.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Of course not.

ETA:  WTH were they both home alone together if they have ongoing issues?  :/ 

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
No he should have kept his damned hands to himself.
TammyKEJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM

yay consequence! maybe this will get it through his head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN