Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She can't even talk about it now?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

My kindergartener brought home her monthly newsletter today. At the bottom there is a reminder that "it is not appropiate to send birthday party invitations to school unless the whole class will be invited to the party."

But after that it says that "If you are hosting a party and not inviting everyone then please ask your child not to talk about the party at school."

How do you expect a kindergartener not to talk about their party?!?That's just ridiculous! I can't believe they would even request that.

What do you think? Is the school going too far or is it acceptable to ask your child not to talk about their party?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
withsecond
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM
15 moms liked this

I think kids just need to learn they won't be invited to everything. We're raising a country of pansies.

steph0420
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Too far. Shits getting ridiculous now
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this

It's not really school related and probably seen as a distraction that COULD cause further issues with hurt feelings and upset parents.

It may seem ridiculous but it's pretty understandable.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I think that it's bullshit. Invite who your kid wants and be done. 

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM
That's ridiculous!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM
What a load of crap!
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM
So stupid, so glad my kids have teachers that will pass out invited to their friends.
imthatgirl0607
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Well i do mybest to teach my children to be respectful of other peoples feeling so i would already be asking this of my child.

As long as thete is no disciplinary action involved, i think its just the teacher remibding you of something you should be doing anyway.
PeppermintyTea
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I don't get all these party class rules. I remember plenty of times growing up where kids I wasn't friends with had parties with other kids at school that I wasn't invited to. It was never a big deal, you're not my friend I don't care about your party is all I ever thought. I get that sometimes bullying is an issue, but the majority of the time party invitations are not that serious.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured