Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They wanted to give my baby 7 vaccines at the same time!!! UPDATED

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM
  • 265 Replies

I've never heard of such ridiculousness. 7! Really? How can a 1 year old's system deal with that many at one time? I have a 3 max rule. If they need more, we can come back in a month. And don't even bother asking me to give them the flu shot, that's not happening, ever. Just, wow. 

Just a vent, I guess.

If you're a non-vaccinating mom, I don't need to be put down over vaccining my kids, just don't bother cuz I won't respond. 

UPDATE-- Ok, so I just called the doctor's office to double check which vaccines he still needed. Today he received DTaP, HIB, and Pneumococcal. But he still needs HEP A, MMR, and Varicella. They wanted to give him the flu shot, too but I don't get the flu shot and neither do my kids. That's 7 shots.

update 9/19/2014--

alright, i we can put this one to bed everyone. I originally posted this in January. It's over now. Thanks for the advice and everything from people that were actually nice about it and not so much for the mean bitches. He's fine, so have a nice day now.

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this
7 seperate or total? Many vaccines are more than one in one shot.
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Wow! That's extreme! Dd had 4 at her 1yr checkup I believe (either 3 or 4 I always forget how many)
mommie2madison
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM

This!

Quoting Anonymous: 7 seperate or total? Many vaccines are more than one in one shot.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Many of them are combined. If they wanted to do seven shots at once then you must have missed some?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm guessing your on free medical?? Because I wouldn't want to pay my $40 copay to go back the following month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM
So? Lol my kids have had that done and deal just fine!

They wouldn't do it if it was bad for them!

aparis84
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM
i never do more than 2 at a time!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM
17 moms liked this
How sadly cheap of you. You would rather over run your baby with toxins than pay $80.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm guessing your on free medical?? Because I wouldn't want to pay my $40 copay to go back the following month.
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM
My ds had a total of 3 shots but it was like 5-6 different vaccinations. Can't remember. Are you sure it was 7 separate shots?
BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM

They wanted to do 5 needle injections, one oral, and the nose flu shot.

Quoting Anonymous: 7 seperate or total? Many vaccines are more than one in one shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN