Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't even have a wedding... Ugh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
My husband and I got married at the courthouse I promised him we would do a wedding later. But I feel like crap because I don't want to do it, I feel like my looks are an embarrassment to him and if we were to have a wedding people will say even worse things than they already do.... His friends in his command make fun of my looks and say I'm a hermit crab and all kinds of stuff I'm on therapy and it helps to a point and I have meds but idk what to do... Any advice!?

Edit: my husband doesn't allow this talk or behavior if he hears it he flips. Even his mom he has turned his back on because of her saying him ugly and she hopes I have a miscarriage (then I did) so he by no means allows this stuff sorry for the confusion

I updated with pics on 4/5 idk

Thank you for all the kind comments, I'm not trolling I just don't understand if there isn't something wrong with me why would they say this stuff? One of the girls name S started texting me saying all kinds of mean stuff when my husband asked her husband to just have S leave me be.... Idk like do they not have feelings? I didn't do anything wrong I'm new and idk well I guess I'm not new but to them I am.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:42 PM

What is it about your looks that bother you?

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Talk to your dh about it and don't do anything that youre uncomfortable with. But just think, getting dressed up might be a confidence booster.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM

How do you know his friends/co workers are saying these things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Idk like my nose and teeth. And I feel like I could loose weight I've been running and stuff and my doctor says my weight is good but idk... I think it's just everything I feel like I don't look like the normal beautiful girls

Quoting Anonymous:

What is it about your looks that bother you?

-42-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Who gives a shit what you promised him if the people making fun of you he considers 'friends'. Have you heard them saying things or does he come home and tell you they make fun of you to him?

The hermit crab part wouldn't bother me.....if those are the ones you would see while out, why would you leave anyway?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM
They have a command Facebook group and I was looking at it one day and saw them talking about me. :(

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
He should tell his friends to stop. I wouldn't marry a man that allowed his friends to openly and publicly disrespect me.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Right? Does he come home & say that? That's not cool.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

aiyess
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Pic?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM
They'd don't say it too him I saw them talking about it . It's not the husbands but mostly the wives idk I'm young too and idk how to handle this stuff

Quoting -42-: Who gives a shit what you promised him if the people making fun of you he considers 'friends'. Have you heard them saying things or does he come home and tell you they make fun of you to him?

The hermit crab part wouldn't bother me.....if those are the ones you would see while out, why would you leave anyway?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN