Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid ABC Family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I was going to sit and fold laundry while watching a show on their site, can't do it unless I sign in with my TV provider, even the episodes on Huluplus! Ugh. We ditched cable/satelite because $100/month is ridiculous for TV, now have Huluplus and Netflix so can't watch ABC family shows,  Big Bang Theory (my laptop wont play videos without "buffering" constantly and sometimes it messes up the video) along with several other shows for various reasons, I never had to do that before so didn't expect that to happen! Not a happy camper at the moment lol. I was looking forward to catching up while I had a little while of quiet time

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I watch shows on ABC Family website and we don't have a cable provider...
We usually stream shows, like BBT.

Try Megashare.info (ugh, CM is being stupid and not letting me make it clicky. Probably because it is not a .com site.

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Yeah. That's becoming a thing. They want your cable provider, which is stupid bc HuluPlus has ads and a monthly fee, so it isn't like we're trying to pirate it.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Many people are pissed off about it. The day ABC "upgraded" their app so that now you have to log in with your TV provider they went from 4 starts to 1 in record time, lol.
I was particularly pissed because I'm not in the US and that's how I watched some ABC shows using a router.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Try.   Stream-tv.me.               A friend of mine has been having the same problem 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM
The cbs app lets you watch bbt. It's free. If you have a smart phone... There's also an abc app, food network app, and other tv channel apps that allow you to watch your favorite shows for free.
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM

You can watch some Big Bang Theory with the CBS app.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Www.tvonline.cc
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I just tried watching pretty little liars and the fosters both asked me to log in before being able to watch it :( 
I'll check it out, I miss MY shows, tired of kids and DHs stuff all the time lol 

Quoting wonderstruck11:

I watch shows on ABC Family website and we don't have a cable provider...
We usually stream shows, like BBT.

Try Megashare.info (ugh, CM is being stupid and not letting me make it clicky. Probably because it is not a .com site.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Exactly, I figured even if they didnt have it on hulu theyd be available on huluplus since a ton of other stuff is, heck it wont even show up on my tv with hulu it has to be on my laptop when I look it up. I was excited for the shows to start back up but now I cant even watch them... 

Quoting Chris030406: Yeah. That's becoming a thing. They want your cable provider, which is stupid bc HuluPlus has ads and a monthly fee, so it isn't like we're trying to pirate it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Yup, I tried my app first and then tried my laptop to see if it was just on mobile/tablet or something.... Very unhappy with them, they killed my "me time" plan lol

Quoting momto2boys973: Many people are pissed off about it. The day ABC "upgraded" their app so that now you have to log in with your TV provider they went from 4 starts to 1 in record time, lol.
I was particularly pissed because I'm not in the US and that's how I watched some ABC shows using a router.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)