Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no dinner

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
I made fish rice and corn. My 8 year old ate it but didn't like it. My 3 year old ate rice and corn. The 4 year old I baby sit ate rice. I put the unfinished dinner up for a while in case they wanted it. But when I took out the trash I tossed the unfinished dinner. I'm sure they will be hungry. I sometimes offer an apple or ppj but I sometimes say no you didn't finish your dinner. I want to know how you lady deal with kids not wafting dinner.
Also the 8 year old gets to help pick dinner tomorrow as his reward for wafting tonight. I think heceill pick tacks which the other kids also eat most nights :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM
3 moms liked this
My ds is free to decline dinner, but I wont make anything else and he can choose a fruit or veggie instead
momto2boys3215
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:57 PM

You should offer the kid you babysit a PB&J.  If its your own kids thats fine, I do it myself. At someone elses house I would hope they would offer something different (sandwich-easy)if they refused dinner. Unless they had eaten that meal at my house before with no issue, dont know how often you babysit the child. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:59 PM
This up until bed time then you wait till breakfast

Quoting peanutsmommy1: My ds is free to decline dinner, but I wont make anything else and he can choose a fruit or veggie instead
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM
My kids are old enough to make themselves something else if they don't want what I made. I usually make something I know they all like though. My middle DD is super picky though, and there are things that the other 2 love, so if I make something that I know she doesn't like, I will make sure we have stuff for a salad (her absolute FAVORITE food in the whole world lol).
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I bought 5$ in blueberries this morning and my 3 year old ate them all today! He would just eat fruit or veggies if I let him! I'm just so hummed out he wouldn't try the fish. Or any other meat on amy other day. We cook dinner almost eveyr night and I keep waiting forhim to try things but he just stopped eatting at like 2

Quoting peanutsmommy1: My ds is free to decline dinner, but I wont make anything else and he can choose a fruit or veggie instead
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I get what your saying. Shes my best friends girl and I watch her 4 days a week. My friend said she needs to follow my dinner rules. I do let my friend know what she ate what she was offered. Thanks

Quoting momto2boys3215:

You should offer the kid you babysit a PB&J.  If its your own kids thats fine, I do it myself. At someone elses house I would hope they would offer something different (sandwich-easy)if they refused dinner. Unless they had eaten that meal at my house before with no issue, dont know how often you babysit the child. 

mommaof697
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:12 PM

mny kids eat what I make. some days some of them like and some day others like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I know a little one that loves salad. We took her to a salad bar and she was soo happy. There's days when I pick stuff I know moat of hem eat but I try to add meals I also like.

Quoting kiddycat73: My kids are old enough to make themselves something else if they don't want what I made. I usually make something I know they all like though. My middle DD is super picky though, and there are things that the other 2 love, so if I make something that I know she doesn't like, I will make sure we have stuff for a salad (her absolute FAVORITE food in the whole world lol).
mary716
by ♥ awesome ♥ on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Ima gonna get a bashin for this lol. I am not a short order cook and therefore make only dishes I know the kids will eat. Rare occasions that I make something I know they will not touch (ie; stuffed cabbage) I will pop in a frozen pizza for them. There are two choices on this mamas menu: take it or leave it. If you don't eat at least half of your dinner....sorry for your luck, kidlets, you don't get dessert but may choose a lovely piece of fresh fruit while the rest of us indulge in sweetness. My kids are 8 & 10 and know the rules
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:17 PM
When theycdont like itcdo you offer something later or is it wait till tomorrow

Quoting mommaof697:

mny kids eat what I make. some days some of them like and some day others like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured