Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can I get him to sign a prenup?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im getting married this spring. My fiancé is refusing to sign a PN. I own my home, 5 cottage homes and my wood working business. Id like to keep my current assests seperate from our marriage, but I have no problem using the money they earn for our household. My fiancé only has his car and a little in 401k. My total is a little over 275k and his is only 35k..... so you can see why I want to keep it separate. I worked hard and spent a lot of time away from my son and missed out on so much of his childhood to build a future for him. Im worried that it will all be for nothing if we split. Anything we buy and growth in my business will be shared in a split, but I really want to keep what I'm going in with. How can I get him to agree to this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Replies (41-41):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Considering that I have never cared about money beyond having enough to live on and that I am a Christian who takes the Bible very seriously, yes, I do know who I will be in 20 years. Money only changes you if you don't have a solid enough anchor in life to pin your hopes on something else.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Say what you will but when it comes down to it saying no to let's say half of 20 million might be hard. You have NO idea who you will be after 5, 10, 20 years of marriage people change that is the truth, I am not the same person as the 20 year old me, nor in 11 years(40) will I be the current me. 

Quoting B1Bomber:

I wouldn't marry a man who asked for a prenup because it means he doesn't trust me enough to sustain the marriage, or, failing that, to be a decent person and not a money grubbing glutton.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

People tend to change when a lot of money is put in front of them. I will sign a prenup because it shows I am not marrying him for his money. 

Quoting B1Bomber:

What's the point of getting married if A) you expect to divorce and B) you think he's a douche that will take all your money?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)