Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this bother you? Would you even care? Eta to answer questions.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Every month of the year dhs family(close, extened, whoever lives here) gets together for birthdays for that month. (In jan, we celebrate everyones bday for jan.)

Anyway this saturday we got note that we are celebrating the bdays for jan and feb. The thing is my bday is in feb. But everyone skipped me. This has happened for 3 years now(as long as we have been together). I know they.love me, I think its an honest mistake.
Would you say anything? Should I even care?

Eta: for all the questions :-) they are doing all birthdays in jan and.feb. Mine was the only 1 forgotten. The bday ppl each get a cake, and sung happy bday. And everyone brings small gift for the person.
We are not included in the party planning, its really his grandma, and aunt. Everyone else gets the invite basically. The first year I was only dating my now dh. now, idk we are talking about the silly guy who his coworker had a baby and I asked weight, time born and even the name of the baby and he didnt know. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM
My birthday is also in feb, an yes i would care if they never remembered if you celebrate like that every year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Yes its every year. I think its just.new to them, im the first to be married into the family(in the grandchildren part) none of my dhs cousins are married yet.

Quoting Anonymous: My birthday is also in feb, an yes i would care if they never remembered if you celebrate like that every year.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I would not care. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM

But I'm sorry they forgot about you mama. 

Chibee
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM

as long as its recognized during the party, I would be fine with it. 

MomTiara19
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I would bring it up in a joking way.I would say...we dont have to do my birthday separate.My birthday is in February as well. You can add my birthday to the February party too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM
It hasnt been before. Its completely ignored. Or completely forgotten.

Quoting Chibee:

as long as its recognized during the party, I would be fine with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Thats a good idea.

Quoting MomTiara19:

I would bring it up in a joking way.I would say...we dont have to do my birthday separate.My birthday is in February as well. You can add my birthday to the February party too.

suzanneyea
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I would not care. But, if it is important to you, say something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I would think I'd mention it. My sil used to pull shit like that all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)