Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When I first got together with DH...his ex said...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The first time I met my DH's ex wife she told me she hoped I liked cleaning up after him and doing everything in the house.

That has NEVER been the case.  We both work full time.  We both cook, clean, take care of kids, mow, and whatever else.  In fact...lately he has been doing way more because I had surgery.  I don't have to ask him to do anything.  He sees something that needs doing and he does it.  He interacts with all of the kids...his, mine, and ours.  Something else she said he never did.  His kids have always been super close to him. 

She was a SAHM so I would think she would take care of the home. 

But I just think it is funny that she thought she needed to warn me.  We work well as a team.  I don't see it changing.  It has been four years. 

Anyone else ever get a warning from their DH's ex?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I have gotten many - in my situation I see her as very jealous.  
It annoys the shit outta me but I know where it comes from and that is what I keep telling myself 

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM

The only warning I got from DH's ex wife was that he would hoard money. For some reason, she seems to think he's loaded or something. Like he's got some secret bank account that has millions in it. lol Every time one of his girls needs money, we try to send it to them if we can afford it, but no, we aren't secret millionaires or anything. lol (His girls are grown women by the way. He never paid child support because he had custody of them from their divorce until they turned 18, she's the one who skipped town to avoid paying.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Entirely possible.  But if he never did anything then not sure how he would be such a good cook right out the gate.  I think a lot of it was she was doing more than she realized she would by being a SAHM. 

Quoting weeping_angel: Maybe he learned his lesson the first time

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your husband changed.  My husband has told me he was a shitty husband to his first wife and during the divorce he realized the things he did to make her feel the way she did about him.  He didn't help around the house and did what he wanted to do.  He didn't help with their two kids ever so his poor ex was working 40 hours a week then coming home to clean, cook and care for the kids while he came home and relaxed. He said she talked to him about it but he was selfish and didn't listen to her.

When I met him he lived on his own for two years and by that point realized just how much he dumped on his ex.  They were on friendly terms when we got together but she did tell me he was a slob and rarely helped with the kids.  My husband said she put it nicely and he was awful and would make sure he didn't make the same mistakes he did with her.  So far so good.

JohnnysGirl1967
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Just from an ex bf's ex. She told me he was the most selfish person on earth. She was right. Now she's married to him. Go figure. 

joannawaddoups
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like your husband changed.  My husband has told me he was a shitty husband to his first wife and during the divorce he realized the things he did to make her feel the way she did about him.  He didn't help around the house and did what he wanted to do.  He didn't help with their two kids ever so his poor ex was working 40 hours a week then coming home to clean, cook and care for the kids while he came home and relaxed. He said she talked to him about it but he was selfish and didn't listen to her.

When I met him he lived on his own for two years and by that point realized just how much he dumped on his ex.  They were on friendly terms when we got together but she did tell me he was a slob and rarely helped with the kids.  My husband said she put it nicely and he was awful and would make sure he didn't make the same mistakes he did with her.  So far so good.

hes a keeper! it takes a brave person to realize the damage we do to others and to amke the changes needed to be better.. good for him for knowing what needed to be done and althought too late for them he was more prepared to meet you..

GiraffeObsessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

She was probably bitter because it ended with them. I got no warning, he was single for 5 years before we got tohgether, the ex was long gone by then anyway. Glad y'all work well together!!

Lilith.23
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM
That he'd only touch my boobs and dump me.... That was 8 years ago and as many times as he's touched my boobies he's still by my side.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM

She told me he would lazy and a shitty husband.  DH admits that the was all of what she described when married to her and he learned and matured after their divorce.  

I don't have those same complaints.  She thinks I'm lying.

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Sounds like he simply grew-up, which was bound to happen with or without you, OP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)