Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When I first got together with DH...his ex said...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The first time I met my DH's ex wife she told me she hoped I liked cleaning up after him and doing everything in the house.

That has NEVER been the case.  We both work full time.  We both cook, clean, take care of kids, mow, and whatever else.  In fact...lately he has been doing way more because I had surgery.  I don't have to ask him to do anything.  He sees something that needs doing and he does it.  He interacts with all of the kids...his, mine, and ours.  Something else she said he never did.  His kids have always been super close to him. 

She was a SAHM so I would think she would take care of the home. 

But I just think it is funny that she thought she needed to warn me.  We work well as a team.  I don't see it changing.  It has been four years. 

Anyone else ever get a warning from their DH's ex?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
markswife03
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Yep. That's what I was thinking.

Quoting Snapdragon88: Honesty... He probably learned his lesson and decided to not repeat his mistakes with you. That's pretty much how life works. You learn from mistakes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

yes she warned me that it wouldn't last

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Maybe he learned from it since his last relationship failed? Which is a good thing. ;)

I was DH's first and only so no warning here. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM
When my parents divorced my mom told me a million bad things about my father (he had custody) she was mad because she had to pay child support and half of the loan. Then one day she decided she wanted him back (he said HECK NO) so aparentlythings were not as bad as she said
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM

It sounds like besides being a SAHM, who typically do most of the housework, that her standards are probably different than yours.  That just goes to show you that some times people just aren't compatible, but that doesn't mean that they can't be compatible with someone else. 

Sandiekd21
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM

She told me he was an ass.

He is, but in the most hilarious ways!

AuntieM
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM
No but she told my ex their son was his one and only priority and he didn't have the right to get married. She then kerpt his son from him for 3 months.
ibelieveinpink
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Dh doesn't have an ex.
Your Dh probably learned from his mistakes with his first wife.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM

My husbands ex-girlfriend was a psychotic bitch.  She did tell me that he thought women were only good for one thing.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I'm working on being the ex-wife. if he gets with someone else and she wants to talk to me. I have no issue but I won't 'warn' her. ill tell the truth and admit my faults
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN