Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When I first got together with DH...his ex said...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The first time I met my DH's ex wife she told me she hoped I liked cleaning up after him and doing everything in the house.

That has NEVER been the case.  We both work full time.  We both cook, clean, take care of kids, mow, and whatever else.  In fact...lately he has been doing way more because I had surgery.  I don't have to ask him to do anything.  He sees something that needs doing and he does it.  He interacts with all of the kids...his, mine, and ours.  Something else she said he never did.  His kids have always been super close to him. 

She was a SAHM so I would think she would take care of the home. 

But I just think it is funny that she thought she needed to warn me.  We work well as a team.  I don't see it changing.  It has been four years. 

Anyone else ever get a warning from their DH's ex?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

that's so sad im sorry :( i warned my ex husbands gf (now wife) that he was abusive and she said he hadnt touched her but they hadnt been dating that long. i wonder sometimes if he does to her what he did to me...i feel really bad for her cuz she's a sweet girl and doesn't deserve that! and neither do u! i hope u left him 

Quoting Anonymous: Just that he would beat me. she was dead right.

mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM

no my DH ex didn't warn me about anything but she did try me but it didn't fly like that. but she was sorry from wat i hear from everyone so i wouldn't have believed her anyway. he is an amazing man and im so lucky i found him!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I agree with others. He was probably a bad husband to her and learned from that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I'm taking it you didn't believe her at first?

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Quoting jb0520: I was going to say this. Didn't mean she was wrong, he probably fixed what the first wife bitched about all the time lol

Quoting weeping_angel: Maybe he learned his lesson the first time
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM

she probably didn't

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm taking it you didn't believe her at first?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Maybe he was different with her. And being a sahm doesn't mean she should have to do EVERYTHING.
Corkie-
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Quoting ButterMeUp: We both were eachothers first serious relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Yep....one commented on his fb telling me I would soon see the real him.

Now I'm wondering if he was so horrible why was she stalking his fb?

Anyway...3yrs, a marriage, and one kid in, I still love him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I don't think she did everything.  But I have to say his work schedule is pretty crazy.  They also bought a fixer upper house that he spent a lot of time working on when he wasn't at work.  He is still working on it.  He had to redo both bathrooms in the house, replace most of the kitchen, do the floors, rebuild the fence, replace a garage door, replace wood paneling in every room of the house....and all kinds of other stuff.  It was her DREAM HOME.  It is an older home and very pretty now. 

I guess my point is..she was home during the day and had lists of projects for him to do each weekend.  He also coached his kids soccer team and taught/led a teen Bible study group.  He may not have done laundry or cooked dinner on a nightly basis...but he also doesn't get home until after 6...by then dinner should be started. 

Normally I start dinner and he either finishes when he gets home or cleans up after.  We both do laundry.  He runs the vacuum every other day because I can't.  The kids all do chores. 

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe he was different with her. And being a sahm doesn't mean she should have to do EVERYTHING.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)