Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When I first got together with DH...his ex said...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The first time I met my DH's ex wife she told me she hoped I liked cleaning up after him and doing everything in the house.

That has NEVER been the case.  We both work full time.  We both cook, clean, take care of kids, mow, and whatever else.  In fact...lately he has been doing way more because I had surgery.  I don't have to ask him to do anything.  He sees something that needs doing and he does it.  He interacts with all of the kids...his, mine, and ours.  Something else she said he never did.  His kids have always been super close to him. 

She was a SAHM so I would think she would take care of the home. 

But I just think it is funny that she thought she needed to warn me.  We work well as a team.  I don't see it changing.  It has been four years. 

Anyone else ever get a warning from their DH's ex?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Replies (41-48):
coliemamiof2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Nope, I was DH's first wife - his second only serious relationship.
I had been married before & I thought about warning her - but then he cheated on me with her, so I figured she will figure things out for herself. They are now divorced...bc she cheated on him. Ugh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM
She told me to enjoy his tiny worthless dick. It's average and does the job great. I think she must have had a huge vag. Lol
catwalkw
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I divorced my ex after almost 20 years of marriage 10 years ago due to alcoholism.

I met his (now) wife about a year post divorce.  I tried to let her know about his alcohol issues.  She acted shocked and said, "_____ doesn't drink!!  Maybe some champagne when he proposed!"

Now, ex is in end stage liver failure.  And still drinking actively, so no chance for transplant.

Shame

Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:22 PM

My husband has two ex wives. Im the only one he has kids with. First ex wife was a marriage that lasted less than a month. Second lasted a few years. He divorced her and they never had kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM
My point is, you weren't a part or THEIR relationship so you have no idea what actually happened. Save the bashing for women you know deserve it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think she did everything.  But I have to say his work schedule is pretty crazy.  They also bought a fixer upper house that he spent a lot of time working on when he wasn't at work.  He is still working on it.  He had to redo both bathrooms in the house, replace most of the kitchen, do the floors, rebuild the fence, replace a garage door, replace wood paneling in every room of the house....and all kinds of other stuff.  It was her DREAM HOME.  It is an older home and very pretty now. 

I guess my point is..she was home during the day and had lists of projects for him to do each weekend.  He also coached his kids soccer team and taught/led a teen Bible study group.  He may not have done laundry or cooked dinner on a nightly basis...but he also doesn't get home until after 6...by then dinner should be started. 

Normally I start dinner and he either finishes when he gets home or cleans up after.  We both do laundry.  He runs the vacuum every other day because I can't.  The kids all do chores. 

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe he was different with her. And being a sahm doesn't mean she should have to do EVERYTHING.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM
He probably changed. You dont know what their relationship was like since you werent there.
tpalvado
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Nope, his ex has been my best friend since before she even met him. She's his only ex

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM
I told the new gf that he is lazy and doesn't want to work. She rolled her eyes. About 2 months later he lost his job because he called out sick too much and was unemployed for 2 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)