Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Options:

Yes- There have been no surprises!

No- I can’t believe the things I didn’t know about my spouse!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

My dh is an incosiderate ass.

Long story short, he showed up at a very low time in my life.  He gave me attention and was relatively kind.  As time went on, I hoped that he would grow up and out of his selfish and immature ways.  But he hasn't.  As he gets older, he gets worse and the resentment between us is growing.  I'm going through some personal struggles right now that don't involve him, but once those waters have cleared, I believe that we will be divorcing.  I deserve better than him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Lol. Thank you for me morning giggle. Now my dd is looking at me like I'm crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

sadly for some peope that are high strung or insecure or cant handle the truth, you kinda have to about some things. Its wherre that phrase "choose your battles" comes into play

Quoting Anonymous: I asked the right questions and got the right answers. Too bad he was only telling me what I wanted to hear....

M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I didn't have to ask any questions before we got married. I knew his family a long time and we were and still are best friends, so no hiding nothing.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I asked all the right questions before we even started dating. But we were also roomates before we dated so nothing was really ever secret or hiden from each other.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Yes, being that we got married only 28 days after our first meeting we had to put it all out on the table. We were both very honest and up front with each other.

We're still happily married with 5 beautiful children, 6 1/2 years later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Yes....we discussed all of the big things and many of the smaller things.  There have been no surprises.

tiarra7022
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

No we met and married quickly. Sorry cant vote because I dont feel the no option applies. I have learned things but I knew the important things before and what I have found out really wasnt a shock to me. We both had problems in the past and both agreed to leave it in the past. We have been married 4 yrs and have no problems. 

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I chose yes, but only about the significant stuff.  There of course have been surprises, just nothing life changing. 

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

well we've known eachother since we were a few months old so i knew everything about him (down to when he quit wetting the bed) and his views on things way before we got married.

mjmorrison
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM

we met at age 5 and grew up together, really had no questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)