Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Options:

Yes- There have been no surprises!

No- I can’t believe the things I didn’t know about my spouse!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
wikdstepmom
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Omg no, but he wouldn't have been honest with me anyway. He couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.

withsecond
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Yes, everything was covered before we even moved in together. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Definitely not. Many things I know now are not even typical things you would think to ask about them in the first place! But wow. The best way to find out is living with them, honestly. Even asking them probably won't always be effective.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I knew him for over fifteen years before we married, so there wasn't much about him that I didn't know. He did fail to mention that he had almost $100,000 in student loans, which really pissed me off. Once I calmed down and sat with him and came up with a plan to pay them off, it didn't seem like such a big deal, but I was pretty aggravated. I think herpes would have been a better surprise than that shit.

bubble_guts
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
We've been best friends since age 6. We have no secrets...we know everything about each other :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Nope. Just about everything I thought I knew about him turned out to be lies. And I wish I would have met his family BEFORE we married. =(

cindilou13
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM

This...I asked the right questions on many things, but there were things I would never have thought to or have known to ask until we came across them.  And most of them he wouldn't have been honest about anyway-with himself or me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Definitely not. Many things I know now are not even typical things you would think to ask about them in the first place! But wow. The best way to find out is living with them, honestly. Even asking them probably won't always be effective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I doubt it, I was so young that certain questions I would not have even thought to ask. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM

We covered everything very well. Then realized he snowed me completely.  So, while I did ask all the right questions it still turned out bad. 

RoseWildflower
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

same here.

Quoting Anonymous: I asked the right questions and got the right answers. Too bad he was only telling me what I wanted to hear....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN