Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Options:

Yes- There have been no surprises!

No- I can’t believe the things I didn’t know about my spouse!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM
We covered everything. All of our hopes and dreams and wants. But I feel as if he lied about most of it and now we're unhappy because we want different things. Before we got married we wanted the same things supposedly.
theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I wanted to make sure I did, I purchased Dr. Phil's book "Relationship Rescue" and asked my husband every question in that book and it's a lot of them. I knew he was spoiled and had someone do everything for him. I just did not know to the extent, my DH had no idea how to feel out a money order, write a check, never been in a bank, never made a meal, never made his bed, and the list of basic things just go on. that was 10 years ago and I would not trade him in for the world. 

THBH13
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Not married yet but I feel like there are still a few things we need to go over before October

DisabledVet
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I was friends with my husband before I married him so there have been few surprises. But that doesn't mean there isn't excitement.

Some gave all and all gave some. Remember your rights as an American were earned with the blood of others. Don't waste them and please do your duty as a citizen and vote intelligently in every election.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM

We were so young.  We had no idea who we were or the *right* questions to ask.  

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM

people change.  I remember talking about our lives, our children.  I am not the parent I thought I'd be.  I am not the wife I thought I'd be.  I don't find the same things important.  A lot of my views have changed.  His haven't.

Quoting Anonymous: We covered everything. All of our hopes and dreams and wants. But I feel as if he lied about most of it and now we're unhappy because we want different things. Before we got married we wanted the same things supposedly.

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Yes, he was very open and honest even about the stuff I didn't want to know lol he hasn't surprised me yet
Jstockwell126
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Not at all! My husband and I got married after dating for a year even though her was deployed for the year so we had only actually been on a few dates. In our defense, we did grow up together so we had knoweach other since we were 10. I think we are the exception though because it has worked out for us and we have only grown closer in the 4 1/2 years we have been married.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Obviously not the first time around or we'd still be married. But after 3 kids and being home for about 9 years this fool was offered a fantastic job opportunity that would have  made our lives soo much easier, & he turned it down. When I asked why, he said he didn't want any responsibility! I was like HUH? I told him, I wish you had told me that 3 kids ago, we wouldn't have had any. 

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Yes, We were together 8yrs, lived together for 7 before we got married. I can't imagine there isn't a topic we haven't covered. We are very open with each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)