Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?

Options:

Yes- There have been no surprises!

No- I can’t believe the things I didn’t know about my spouse!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Replies (91-95):
wissotamum
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:37 AM
We knew each other pretty well. We dated for 7 years before getting married. Didn't ask any "pre-wedding questions" of my own. We had covered most topics in our time together. We have premarital counseling with our pastor and there wasn't much we didn't know.
marie85
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:49 AM

No. We were very young when we got married and we didn't talk about much of those things a couple should talk about. We did however work out the kinks , compromise and begin to see eye to eye on the most important issues. Thank goodness!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Didn't think I had to. We had known each other for about ten years before we even started dating. Boy was I wrong.
woodswalker
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM

We dated eleven years before we married so there were no surprises.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM
My husband and I have been together for 10* plus years, I was barley 18-he barely 19 when we met. I'm pushing 29 this year. Despite all of the conversations we had over the 2years before we married -people change- A LOT from 18 to 28. I love my husband very much, he is a good man and a good father-but he hasn't always been the best husband. To be fair, I wasn't always the best wife-why? Because WE HAD NO FUCKING CLUE what the we were doing-we LITERALLY grew up-together. I'm not sure that he is the man I'd choose if I were dating now. He is incredibly intelligent and while he is driven, he is not as driven as I would like or think he is capable of being. He also has a tendency to be hugely insensitive toward others but super sensitive about himself.

People change...undeniably and inevitably.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)