Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I politely ask for my paycheck tonight

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM
  • 9 Replies
Instead of tomorrow since there is a damn good chance I can't go in tomorrow because of the icy roads? The alternative would be to wait till Monday and id rather not do that, I've got bills to pay.

I plan to go in on Friday unless my boss tells me otherwise but she said today that there is a good chance she won't have me come in if the weather is bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Tell her since you may not be in tomorrow you would like to know if you can get your check tonight? Assure her that you will not cash or deposit it until tomorrow.

She is the one who mentioned not working tomorrow, so I would bet she will be ok with it. And if she's not, the worst she can do is say no.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
True, I think ill do that.

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

Tell her since you may not be in tomorrow you would like to know if you can get your check tonight? Assure her that you will not cash or deposit it until tomorrow.

She is the one who mentioned not working tomorrow, so I would bet she will be ok with it. And if she's not, the worst she can do is say no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I agree with this.  I always dislike talking about money and payments with my daycare parents, but I have to take care of my family too:)

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

if she cuts the checks her self you can ask. but if they use a payroll service to cut the checks then you most likly wont be able to get it early.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM
If the check is dated for tomorrow you can't cash it today anyway
orchardmoma
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say" hello, you look nice, love the shoes, can I get my paycheck early?"

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

when i closed at one of myjobs and didnt get out till 10 or 11 at night (or anytime after banks were closed) they would give us our checks that night so we wouldnt have to make an extra trip in the next day.

I dont have to worry about that now since most jobs are direct deposit but in your situation i would make sure they knew it wouldnt cash till tomorrow.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM
This is true..

Quoting ambermario4ever:

if she cuts the checks her self you can ask. but if they use a payroll service to cut the checks then you most likly wont be able to get it early.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a nanny, she writes the check herself.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)