Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

over reacting..

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do..

Options:

break up with him

get over it and keep a great relationship

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

My best friend and my brother have dated on and off since middle school.. they were your typical high school sweet hearts.. well they broke up he got married had a son...well now him and his wife are split up and getting divorice.. So the happy  "high school sweethearts" get their chance again!

They are both super happy but she keeps throwing it in his face that he smokes weed.. I get that its a drug and I have tried listening to her reasoning but I cant get why she is basically throwing away a PERFECT relationship over 1 downfall..

I think shes over reacting, I have told her that as my friend because we have that type of friendship I say whatever comes to mind.. but she cant seem to get over it.. wwyd??

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Drugs can be a deal breaker regardless if it's only "marijuana."
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM

That would be a complete deal breaker for me.  There is no way I would be in a relationsthip with anyone that did drugs, regardless of what type.  It is just not something that I am okay with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Some things are deal breakers. Some things a new spouse does can get the child of the other person taken away. I wouldnt risk that and pot is now legal in my state. Still wont allow it in my house cuz the risk of my kids outweighs the relationship.
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Drugs is a deal breaker for me I wont date anyone who does anything (including weed). Ive seen to many people start just smoking weed than get addicted to other things. If your friend doesnt want to date a pot head that is her choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Why bother getting with him in the first place if she knew he smoked?

For me, it wouldn't be a deal breaker unless it interfered with his life in some way. For example- I have like a small high school crush on this guy... but he smokes weed all the time. Hes lost so many jobs for it, doesn't pay cs so he can smoke. I couldn't deal with him

monkeymommy1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Drugs would be a deal breaker for me. My mom taught me that if there was even just one thing you didn't like about a person, then you shouldn't marry them, because that one thing will lead to lots more. She was absolutely right. And I found my DH who had 0 things I disliked, and we are happier then ever! :)

monkeymommy1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Also, who wants to be with a smelly person? That stuff reaks!!!

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

What would I do? Stay out of their marital problem regardless if they turn to you for advice and/or the dynamics of the relationship you share with each.

It's their business only.

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

The thing about weed is that it's illegal in most states and that can cause a chain of down falls if you are caught with it, especially more than once. 

I personally wouldn't want to date anyone who does something that is illegal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Is he neglecting his responsibilities? Driving under the influence?
If no, then I think that she should re consider.

Marijuana can be enjoyed responsibly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)