Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of woman is this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

a woman that marries a guy that has no job, stay home all day, is a stay at home dad, but kids are in school now. He just finds stuff to do all day. He does errands and housework, but he also goes to the gym and rides his bike and plays video games.

She works from home, doesnt apparently care what he's doing. Loves him dearly.

I know she's an insecure lady, had issues with her weight and self image. Recently lost her son, so he's her rock and is a good DH to her, but he doesnt really do anything until the kids are home.

His work and education experience are so obsolete now and he has no real ambitions workwise. I don't see it. Some would call him a loser, I think they are a nice couple.

I personally think he got lucky to find someone based on what he brings to the table. Granted he is quite cute, but there's more than looks, but yes, I'll admit hes nice to look at, a kind soul, and loving to his family and responsible, but he otherwise lacks any drive or desire to work or go to school.

Just wondered what yall think

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM
3 moms liked this

He seems no different than a SAHM.  And no, that's not a bash against SAHMs. 

Edit: I forgot to answer your question technically.  She's like a husband married to a SAHM. 

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Are they struggling financially?  If not then who cares.  He gives her what she needs which is love, support and it sounds like he takes care of the home.  

SaraA_1989
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I wouldn't have married him.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this

If I could have a career bringing in the money my husband is making, I wouldn't mind at ALL if he stayed home.

He's a great daddy and there's something special about stay at home dads that do a good job with the children and household

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM

How is this different than a stay at home mom?

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I would think he's a bum.  Men should work to support their families.

Lilith.23
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Well ya know, she probably does not give a single shit about that opinion of yours.
If that's what she believes she deserves then be it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

yeah your right. Her job covers them fine. If he works its just for something to do, really. He worked last Xmas and never paid attn to the paycheck, it was just nice to get out be a part of the workforce again if only for a couple months. The rest of what you said is pretty spot on :)

Quoting PoplarGrove:

Are they struggling financially?  If not then who cares.  He gives her what she needs which is love, support and it sounds like he takes care of the home.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM
I see him as no different then a sahm. Women have been doing this for years. As long as they can financially afford it and both husband and wife agree with it, then whatever. Whatever works for them.
mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

if they are both happy with the arrangement then who cares? the exact same situation happens daily here with the gender roles reversed and no one has a problem with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)