Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vacation with/without kids.

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 80 Replies

Me and my boyfriend recently went on vacation to Colorado rode a train. It was absolutelygorgeous. Anyways I didn't take my 2 dd's with me. I paid my brother and sister in law to watch them. Also sent food and they used my van to transport the kids (they have 3) so I filled the tank up. Was gone 5 days.

My sister in law made the comment that I was lucky bc people don't go on vacations, without their children. I know if they went they wouldn't want to pay to have me watch their children, they would send food, but as far as paying they just wouldn't want to do it, so they would just end up taking their kids with them and maybe she was just a tad jealous idk. I needed the time. 2013 was a really rough year and I just needed a break.

So have any of you gone with out your children?

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chrissywissy
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM

We usually go to Vegas twice a year without the kids, and we have an awesome time. We are going on a cruise this year to Mexico with the kids, so we do both!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Yes. lol Sometimes we travel as a family, sometimes we travel as just a couple, and sometimes I travel with just friends. Every November we got to Maui and only once have we taken DS.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM

yep, DH and I went to Vegas

Vegas is not a place for kids

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I have taken trips completely alone....trips with only DH...and trips with just one of our children at a time (we have 5 kids).

BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
We take a vacation every year w/o kids, usually for a weekend, but it's been up to a week. It's awesome to just focus on us/having fun.
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

She does sound a wee bit jealous and probably needs to learn to do the adult thing, and find out how to self-edit what comes out of her mouth.

There's nothing wrong with parent's choosing to go off on a vacation by themselves and without their kid's. If they can afford it and have made reasonable, secure accommodations for their kid's with someone they trust, why not?

There was a *them* before the kid's came along. Getting a chance to get away from the bustle and often chaos of a family can often be just the thing a couple needs to come back, geared to go at daily life again.

Never feel guilty for taking that time alone, OP.

jslpruitt
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Vegas is our next trip sometime. I am excited.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

yep, DH and I went to Vegas

Vegas is not a place for kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Well, our child isn't yet born, but I don't see what the big deal is about getting away for awhile with your SO now and then. I think that time is actually really healthy for your relationship, and it doesn't sound like you guys do it ALL the time. But I also wouldn't go if I couldn't find someone to willingly help me. Did your SIL mention that it bothered her before you guys left?
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:08 PM
All the time...like all the time.
My kids are adults though. Lol

When they were young, only a few times, and not once from 1999-2007. I didnt trust anyone after my mom died.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:08 PM
We take a vacation every year without kids for our anniversary. It's usually only a few days, but we still go childless. We also take a big family vacation with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)