Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Flowers in the Attic

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM
  • 110 Replies
I fianaly watched that movie last night very sad i did like the ending mama got what she deserved
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I keep hearing about this. I never read the book though. I hear that got the #1 watched TV movie of all time though.. Kinda gross since isn't it about incest? lol

kimmy2013
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:27 PM
I watched the movie the other day and im reading the book now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
The movie was let's say a nicer more tame version of the book. I tell people if they were really bothered by the movie they should not read the books

Quoting TheDrsRose:

I keep hearing about this. I never read the book though. I hear that got the #1 watched TV movie of all time though.. Kinda gross since isn't it about incest? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Nothing happened to the mother. It was the clostrauphobic grandmother that was trapped in the attic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Very true. You shouldn't read any of the books if your are offended. They just get worse.

Quoting Anonymous: The movie was let's say a nicer more tame version of the book. I tell people if they were really bothered by the movie they should not read the books

Quoting TheDrsRose:

tifbrown
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It was pretty good. I didn't have high expectations though. I thought the casting was done well. Heather Graham played it well and the grandma was just how I had pictured her. There were some slight variations to the book, but not too far off course.

Tigress22304
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM

DOn't post anything more!!! I haven't had the chance to watch it!!!

Tigress22304
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting kimmy2013: I watched the movie the other day and im reading the book now.

you need to read the whole series to understand the "final" book-flowers in the attic.

We read them backwards-the series is meant for Flowers in the Attic to be the first book.

5. Garden of Shadows (this is the grandmother's story)

4 Seeds of yesterday

3 if there be thorns

2 Petals on the wind

1 Flowers in the attic

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM

It's about much more than that

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I found it on the lifetime channel on our ROKU so I'm going to watch it when the boys are in bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)