Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worst pregnancy and baby advice you have ever heard?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • 198 Replies

Did you find out it was bad after you tried it, or was the advice so ridiculous you never did?

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
65_Redroses
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Drink booze and snort xanax

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:54 PM
9 moms liked this
I hated the "get sleep now, you will not be getting any when the baby comes". First I could not sleep even pregnant. And second how does sleeping then help at all later lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM
"Put padded bumpers, blankets, and plenty of soft toys in their crib so they feel secure."

I just smiled and nodded to that one and then walked away...
LoveMeChain
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Why would someone ever say this?! O.O

Quoting 65_Redroses:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this
OMG I got that one too! Like sleep stores up and you can just take some of that extra sleep from an imaginary sleep storage facility whenever you need it.

Quoting young_lv_mom: I hated the "get sleep now, you will not be getting any when the baby comes". First I could not sleep even pregnant. And second how does sleeping then help at all later lol.
LoveMeChain
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM

That made me crack up

Quoting Anonymous: OMG I got that one too! Like sleep stores up and you can just take some of that extra sleep from an imaginary sleep storage facility whenever you need it.

Quoting young_lv_mom: I hated the "get sleep now, you will not be getting any when the baby comes". First I could not sleep even pregnant. And second how does sleeping then help at all later lol.

jowens8907
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha like you can store the energy you get from sleeping to use later or something. I didn't understand that either.

momma-moo
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Well this isn't really bad advice but..I've been told by my older relatives to bite my baby's fingernails to shorten them if i'm too nervous using nail clippers. .I've never tried that advice and likely never will lol.
jowens8907
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Oh wait...so you're NOT supposed to do that? Haha

Quoting 65_Redroses:

KyahZia
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't put your arms above your head, it will tie the cord around the babies neck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN