Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL overstepping bounds?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 226 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been married to my husband for ten years as of this weekend (1/25) we married when he was 20 and I was 19 almost one year after I graduated from high school (no children were involved) and since the DAY we wed my MIL has been a thorn in my side. She is constantly reminding me that he is above me, that she is a perfect mother and he was raised in a perfect home. All the while also reminding me that I was the product of a failed marriage with two parents who actually hate each other. I am an only child of two only children and neither of my parents ever remarried. My MIL is always overstepping her bounds and causing a bunch of friction between myself and my husband. The most recent is the one I have the most issue with.

I had our first daughter on 12/24/13 she is the absolute light of our lives and she is a perfect baby. However, my crazy MIL is constantly telling me that everything I do is wrong. Apparently, according to MIL, I am a "fucking idiot" for using cloth diapers, I am an "uneducated fucktard" because I can not breastfeed (due to having my breast removed as a precautionary measure when I was diagnosed with cancer at 23) just awful things that should NEVER be uttered to a mother. My husband has told her many a time to get the hell out of our house. She always comes back and tries to get my DH to forgive her and every single time he will.

Two days ago I overheard her telling my husband that I needed to see a doctor because I am "stick skinny and mentally fucking (bleep)" (she used the "r" word, a word I detest) he told her to leave. She actually laughed and said if he kicks her out she will come and take our dd and leave with her because our dd needs a normal family.

I am so freaking SICK of her! I have considered getting the police involved but DH says to just leave it be.

HELP

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

BUMP!

wamom223
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM
12 moms liked this

You really need to address this.  You can't have her talking to you like this in front of your kids.  I would tell my man to control his mother or I would have to leave.  That is abusive!!  And I'm so freaking sorry you have to deal with this!

caroberts
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow....seriously, cut her out of your lives. Not healthy for you or your baby
s.mom4real
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not allow her back in my home.. I would make it clear to Dh that that if she comes in I go out! that is a NO GO!!

greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Don't let your baby out of your sight
lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is she in any of your lives?? I wouldn't want her around my baby- period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Am I the only dumb one here.... What's the "r" word
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Quoting wamom223:

You really need to address this.  You can't have her talking to you like this in front of your kids.  I would tell my man to control his mother or I would have to leave.  That is abusive!!  And I'm so freaking sorry you have to deal with this!

He asks her to leave and she will and he is always very mad at her but then he always forgives her when she comes crawling back.

His brother died in 2001 and his sister died in 2008 so he's now the only child left (much like me but I never had siblings to begin with) and he feels "wrong" for being mean.

Although he hates how he treats me. I think he's caught in a situation he never expected himself to be in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM

deal with it

megan71108
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM
5 moms liked this
I would tell dh...its me or MIL. Pick. And I'm normally not like that but that's ridiculous
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)