Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I should respect your kids PB allergy, but.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 326 Replies
24 moms liked this
You have a problem with my child's learning issues In the class?

In no way can I accept that your child is more important then mine. They are equal.

There is neuro typical child with a pb allergy in my ASD child's "inclusion" class. Apparently it's an issue that my child needs extra attention in the class bc of his learning disability.

But I shouldn't have an issue with the peanut free class bc of this child . And I truly don't. But
It would be nice for us I send in pb snacks for our already "food difficult" children.

What is bothering me is how it's expected that we go along with her allergy, but she's allowed to have an issue with the learning disabled kids in a Includion class.
Here's a clue, if you don't like the inclusion class, remove your child from it. You agreed to have her here, these other kids belong here.

Just my rant for the day!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twisties34
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:31 AM
12 moms liked this

PB allergy is life threatening ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:32 AM
8 moms liked this
Her peanut allergy doesn't effect your child's education..your child's special needs DO take away from other children's education... see how that is different??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:36 AM
41 moms liked this
Wrong! No neuro typical child is required to be in an inclusion class.
If she can't handle it and mom can't teach her kid compassion, as she should they se can be removed. There are 3 other classes she can be in.
The inclusion class is for the learning disabled , and the nt kids and parent that are in there are agreeing to the environment.

She doesn't belong there. She teases and bullies these kids who are already at risk.

These learning disabled kids are where they belong. And are more then willing to put up with her allergy, she should learn how to do the same. Or leave!

Quoting Anonymous: Her peanut allergy doesn't effect your child's education..your child's special needs DO take away from other children's education... see how that is different??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:38 AM
4 moms liked this
So that excuses her behavior?
She's a bully to these kids. Why should I have compassion for her, she has no compassion for the rest of the class.

Quoting Twisties34:

PB allergy is life threatening ...

raczac
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:39 AM
2 moms liked this
The other mother agreed to have her child put in the inclusion class. She didnt have to be in this class if im reading right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Correct. The class is half neuro typical kids. All of which the parents agree to being there.

Quoting raczac: The other mother agreed to have her child put in the inclusion class. She didnt have to be in this class if im reading right.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:41 AM
13 moms liked this
Oh my gosh

Respect goes both ways

Treat others how you wish to be treated
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:44 AM
4 moms liked this
Ds is in an inclusion class. There aren't any NT kids in there. I didn't even know they did that. There is a child with a pb allergy though. As for your post, I've had a few problems with complaints from other people's kids about how ds has a full time aide and their child doesn't but the issue here is much more complicated than someone complaining about my child/your child's educational needs. It is about our child learning and theirs dying. As important as my child learning is, a life should always take precedence. Regardless, of how many complaints they have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:47 AM
In our inclusion it's a choice. She doesn't need to be there. The point here is everyone respects her allergy- but there is no respect for the kids who are properly placed in the class.
It goes both ways!

Quoting Anonymous: Ds is in an inclusion class. There aren't any NT kids in there. I didn't even know they did that. There is a child with a pb allergy though. As for your post, I've had a few problems with complaints from other people's kids about how ds has a full time aide and their child doesn't but the issue here is much more complicated than someone complaining about my child/your child's educational needs. It is about our child learning and theirs dying. As important as my child learning is, a life should always take precedence. Regardless, of how many complaints they have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:56 AM
2 moms liked this
But the biggest difference is, her disrespecting your child's educational needs isn't going to cost your child's life. If you don't respect her child's allergy, it can very well cost hers. Does it suck? Yup. Is it unfair? Yup. But the priorities are certainly in the right place if YOU are the one complaing and not her. Sorry but it's true.

Quoting Anonymous: In our inclusion it's a choice. She doesn't need to be there. The point here is everyone respects her allergy- but there is no respect for the kids who are properly placed in the class.

It goes both ways!

Quoting Anonymous: Ds is in an inclusion class. There aren't any NT kids in there. I didn't even know they did that. There is a child with a pb allergy though. As for your post, I've had a few problems with complaints from other people's kids about how ds has a full time aide and their child doesn't but the issue here is much more complicated than someone complaining about my child/your child's educational needs. It is about our child learning and theirs dying. As important as my child learning is, a life should always take precedence. Regardless, of how many complaints they have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)