Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please help this tom boy..

Posted by   + Show Post

At 27 i no longer want to be a tom boy. I want to dress my age.  I want to look pretty/ beautiful. But i have no idea where to shop.  Plus im taking a trip in march and need dresses, skirt, short, and heels. Where would someone my age shop.     sorry not a good pic.  I'm 5'4'' 156lbs and a size 8  if that helps 

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
Alyjane
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I'm 23 and have always been a tomboy. I'm starting to become like you - want to change it up a bit. It's hard though when this is all you've known.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to Dillard's, Macy's or other department store and tell the customer service person that you need help. I find that women will happily help another woman find clothes that work for her. I go to a locally owned boutique type store and say "help dress me!". The owner is more than willing to help me.
HeatherMarieT88
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM
I love kohls because it fits my figure. I have an hourglass figure and I'm not a skinny
so I can't shop at most of the stores in the mall for the types of clothes I actually like. Kohls clothing fits my size 10 hips and my broad shoulders and is still form fitted going in at the waist. I love it! lol

Quoting Alyjane: I was just at kohl's yesterday! I dropped $130. I couldn't believe my frugal self did so.

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: Kohls!! They have really nice clothes and they always have sales and coupons online. Also Target. I buy all my clothes from Kohls and Target. I only shop for myself with income taxes though lol. Tight budget.
onaflowers
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Will you post a pic or description of yourself so we can get an idea of you.
Jodee24
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Forever 21. I'm a Tom boy personality wise but looking at me you would never know
onaflowers
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM
My body is like that and old navy seeetheart cut jeans fit me perfectly.

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: I love kohls because it fits my figure. I have an hourglass figure and I'm not a skinny

so I can't shop at most of the stores in the mall for the types of clothes I actually like. Kohls clothing fits my size 10 hips and my broad shoulders and is still form fitted going in at the waist. I love it! lol

Quoting Alyjane: I was just at kohl's yesterday! I dropped $130. I couldn't believe my frugal self did so.

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: Kohls!! They have really nice clothes and they always have sales and coupons online. Also Target. I buy all my clothes from Kohls and Target. I only shop for myself with income taxes though lol. Tight budget.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM
I love TjMaxx, or JcPenneys.
twinmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

We are taking a 7 days crusies to the cayman inlands,

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Where is your trip to ?

HeatherMarieT88
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh and a tip from the movie "The Blindside", "If you don't absolutely love it in the store you're never going to wear it." So don't waste your money with anything that looks half decent to you. Pick things out that define who you are AND make you look like a nicely dressed sexy mamma!!!! Don't let other people talk you into buying something that you don't absolutely love on your body. You have to try everything on because things look wayyyy different on the mannequins than on real life people. If you are on a budget and you ask for the sales woman to help you then you need to clearly specify that you will only shop clearance racks or items that are under a certain $. Good luck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:58 AM

One word:  Lipstick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)