Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please help this tom boy..

Posted by   + Show Post

At 27 i no longer want to be a tom boy. I want to dress my age.  I want to look pretty/ beautiful. But i have no idea where to shop.  Plus im taking a trip in march and need dresses, skirt, short, and heels. Where would someone my age shop.     sorry not a good pic.  I'm 5'4'' 156lbs and a size 8  if that helps 

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
HeatherMarieT88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Hmmmmm I'll have to swing by old navy this year after taxes and see what's up! Lol :)

Quoting onaflowers: My body is like that and old navy seeetheart cut jeans fit me perfectly.

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: I love kohls because it fits my figure. I have an hourglass figure and I'm not a skinny

so I can't shop at most of the stores in the mall for the types of clothes I actually like. Kohls clothing fits my size 10 hips and my broad shoulders and is still form fitted going in at the waist. I love it! lol

Quoting Alyjane: I was just at kohl's yesterday! I dropped $130. I couldn't believe my frugal self did so.

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: Kohls!! They have really nice clothes and they always have sales and coupons online. Also Target. I buy all my clothes from Kohls and Target. I only shop for myself with income taxes though lol. Tight budget.
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

i shop at H&m, Old Navy(mostly for outerwear and nice dressy jackets), wet seal, kohls, and marshalls. im 31 and am for the most part a tomboy but enjoy dressing up now...good luck on your search and enjoy your trip!

twinmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I dont dont how to but on make up.. :(  or what color to buy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

One word:  Lipstick!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Go to a dept store or Ulta...they will help you.  Or just buy cheap makeup until you get the hang of it.  You can even YouTube it.

Quoting twinmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

MelissaBabeh14
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Youre very pretty! Your eyes stand out! I would say target, jcpenny, macys, sears, maurices, glicks.

If youve never dressed up, its going to feel weird to you for awhile. You will think "god this looks ridiculous" but it wont look ridic. :) good luck!
TexTornado
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh just embrace your tomboy!  I promise you, you will feel so odd in those new clothes!  You won't look or feel comfortable.  You can pretty up or make your current stuff more feminine.  I'd try that before doing a whole new lifestyle change! 

MelissaBabeh14
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to walmart and they have eye shawdow/eye liner/mascara... for your eye color! Example like i have hazel eyes so i buy for hazel eyes. And me, i dont wear "lipstick" i use like lip balm but in a soft pink. Oh i wish we knew one another lol i would love to help you in person lol

Quoting twinmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

bensmommy1
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Is there a Sephora near you? If so go in and they will help you pick out some great makeup. You have beautiful eyes! For clothes I'm 29 and shop at Express and Macys. They always have sales and coupons.
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I love J-crew but they can be pricey. Gap and loft are other favorites of mine, and more affordable.

I really like Old Navy and Target too, but they can be hit and miss and the quality isn't as nice.
Alyjane
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I'm not really sure what kind of figure I have because I have mega wide hips (my doctor says I have "baby bearing hips"), short torso, and somewhat broad shoulders. 😞

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: I love kohls because it fits my figure. I have an hourglass figure and I'm not a skinny

so I can't shop at most of the stores in the mall for the types of clothes I actually like. Kohls clothing fits my size 10 hips and my broad shoulders and is still form fitted going in at the waist. I love it! lol

Quoting Alyjane: I was just at kohl's yesterday! I dropped $130. I couldn't believe my frugal self did so.

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: Kohls!! They have really nice clothes and they always have sales and coupons online. Also Target. I buy all my clothes from Kohls and Target. I only shop for myself with income taxes though lol. Tight budget.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)