Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Chest pains at 2am??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Its not an emergency but i had chest pains last night at 2 am. It woke me up. I'm not sure why this happened.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Any thoughts as to why this would happen?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:16 AM

yeah but I call it heartburn

ILoveMyFam
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:30 AM
Indigestion/ gallbladder disease?
Anxiety?
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM
It absolutely could have been an emergency. How old are you, what other health problems do you have, do you smoke, what sort of diet do you have? Where were the pains, what did they feel like, did you get short of breath, dizzy or nauseated? (Can you tell I'm an ER nurse lol)

I would definitely let your doctor know about the pains, they could very well be heartburn or something else not serious. However, they very well could be cardiac related and need further work up.

Good Luck!
loveablej
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:09 AM
It could be an anxiety act. Did it feel like an elephant sat on your chest? If so It was a heart attack. Anxiety comes on when your clam and not worried about the situation anymore. I had this a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Quoting MooseMomma: It absolutely could have been an emergency. How old are you, what other health problems do you have, do you smoke, what sort of diet do you have? Where were the pains, what did they feel like, did you get short of breath, dizzy or nauseated? (Can you tell I'm an ER nurse lol)

I would definitely let your doctor know about the pains, they could very well be heartburn or something else not serious. However, they very well could be cardiac related and need further work up.

Good Luck!

I am 46, have MVP, smoke, OK diet, pains in upper left/middle chest, sharp jabbing pains, no sob or nausea. It scared me so I think I'll call my Dr. Thx er nurse!!!
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Definitely all the doctor at the very least. You should really have an EKG and cardiac labs. You have quite a few risk factors for cardiac disease and/or heart attack.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting MooseMomma: It absolutely could have been an emergency. How old are you, what other health problems do you have, do you smoke, what sort of diet do you have? Where were the pains, what did they feel like, did you get short of breath, dizzy or nauseated? (Can you tell I'm an ER nurse lol)

Good Luck!

I am 46, have MVP, smoke, OK diet, pains in upper left/middle chest, sharp jabbing pains, no sob or nausea. It scared me so I think I'll call my Dr. Thx er nurse!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN