Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If my baby is born a ginger, I'm giving it up for adoption.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 680 Replies
1 mom liked this
All my life I have had an irrational fear of ginger children. I know that sounds horrible, but I can't control it. I've been in therapy on and off my whole life for it. I've taken anxiety medication, nothing helps. I wanted to become a kindergarten teacher, but I couldn't even make it through a T.A. position because two children in the class were gingers. I know that inside, they're just like any other kid, but the red hair, see through eyebrows and eyelashes, freckles, and ivory skin just terrify me. I have complete panic attacks if I see a ginger child near me. I'm all fucked up.

I met my husband 6 years ago, but didn't meet his estranged father until just last year. He's a ginger. Ginger adults don't scare me in the slightest, so I didn't think much of it. No biggie.

I was adopted as an infant, I never knew my birth parents, but I have been searching for them since I turned 18. I'm 25 now. Just this past week, the agency that my parents used in my adoption contacted me, saying they had been contacted by my birth mother, looking for me. They gave me her name, address, and phone number, and I used this information to find her on Facebook...
Turns out she's a ginger woman.

I didn't make any connection on my own, my DH says to me last night, "babe, you do realize that since we each have a ginger parent, our baby has a 50/50 chance of being ginger as well... Right?"
His brother's daughter is a ginger kid, but there aren't any gingers in his wife's family, nor is he ginger. That child was ginger just from ONE grandparent having that gene! My child will have 2!

I'm so SO terrified that this baby will be ginger, and I honestly don't know how I will feel if he/she is one. I love my baby already, but I can't control my anxiety and panic when it cones to ginger children. My sister suggested adoption... I'm considering it. Problem is, no one wants to adopt ginger kids...

I'm so SO lost.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abecee
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM
11 moms liked this

Seek professional help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM
40 moms liked this

Well then you should just not have kids. I mean, really, lady. Come the fuck on.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM
14 moms liked this

This can't be real.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this
I'll take it! I have two gingers and they are fabulous.
Remember my SN;)
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM
23 moms liked this

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Wooooow

Lilypie Maternity tickers

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM

im sorry,i got nothing..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, they ARE evil...
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM
28 moms liked this

run for your life :) they will steal your heart!

Mystic.Falls
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quoting quinnsmom715:

im sorry,i got nothing..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)