Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is my dh controlling me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 208 Replies

My dh is 41 and i am 22. I was in college when we met but i became pregnant and he convinced me to be a SAHM because he can afford for me not to work.....which he can. He thinks its better for our son to have his mother. My mom sees this as him trying to control me. He does want to know where i am at and who i am with when i go out but dont most husbands?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:55 PM

So, what are you doing to prepare yourself to get into the workfforce once your son is in school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:55 PM

What would you do if he gets in an accident, and you suddenly find yourself the sole supporter? What can you do?

EAzizM
by Erica on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM
20 moms liked this
Seems like there is more to this story.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM
5 moms liked this
It depends. What do YOU want?
SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I've watched a lot of movies like that. Usually the girl breaks up with the guy and goes back to college to finish pursuing her dream.

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM
10 moms liked this
At face value it sound innocent enough. However, it can be much more extreme than you make it sound. If I make plans without my husband, I tell him what's going on out of respect, but he doesn't demand the information. Did you want to be a SAHM? Or did he give you no choice? These are important details.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM
3 moms liked this

He's only comtrolling you if you allow him to push you into something that you don't want to do.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I would need more details. So he likes to know where you are or who you are with, but does he tell you where you can go or who you can see? Do you feel like he is trying to control you? Have you finished your education?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Do you want to go back to school?
mary716
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:04 PM
A lot of sahms don't get back into the work force after kids start going to school.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, what are you doing to prepare yourself to get into the workfforce once your son is in school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)