Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Boys in dresses

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM
  • 31 Replies

My autistic five year boy likes to dress up in princess dresses with the girls we have moved in with. I don't have a problem with it but my mom is scared he's going to be gay. On that note I said so what if he is but that's my beliefs...thoughts?

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
For fucks sake. Tell your mom to mind her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM
My DH friend just banned his brother from watching "Fred", the Teen Nick movie/show because apparently Fred is gay and will teach his brother to be gay.

Smfh.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

1.) If he's gay, he was born that way... what he wears when he's 5 isn't going to change his sexuality.

2.) There's nothing wrong with being gay, so it doesn't matter anyway.

You're doing a great job, mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry i dont agree with boys wearing girl clothes.. Do i think he will be gay because he dresses up like a girl? No.. Do i find it weird, Yes!

withsecond
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Your mom isn't too bright huh?
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Just tell her 'Nah, mom, don't worry. If anything that just means that he'll be a cross-dresser and might steal your makeup when he is older.'
art.diva
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I would just look at her and say, "Ok".  That's what I say to my homophobic dad whenever he gets all weird.  I can't change his beliefs, but I also won't let his toxic hate into my life.  Which means I don't give him the chance to tell me all about how icky and horrible "the gays" are by getting into an argument with him.

cindilou13
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM

This. 

If he is, he is, but playing dress up age appropriately isn't going to affect it.  Try finding him a cape and foam sword and he can be the prince charming rescuing the princesses...you may find it just the whole prince/princess/royalty idea that's appealing to him more than the actual princess stuff.  Or he may just think it's fun to do with his new friends.  My daughter dresses up like a ninja with my son but I don't think that means she's going to grow up to be gay because she's dressing up as a male character now.  I had r2-d2 and c-3po underoos as a kid and did not grow up to be a lesbian...or a droid lol.

Quoting NiamhWitch:

1.) If he's gay, he was born that way... what he wears when he's 5 isn't going to change his sexuality.

2.) There's nothing wrong with being gay, so it doesn't matter anyway.

You're doing a great job, mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Dafuq? 

Quoting Anonymous: My DH friend just banned his brother from watching "Fred", the Teen Nick movie/show because apparently Fred is guy and will teach his brother to be gay.

Smfh.

Sissi30
by ★Hey.Girl.Hey★ on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Umm ur boy. I would never let my boy wear dresses. He is also 5
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)