Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Boys in dresses

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM
  • 31 Replies

My autistic five year boy likes to dress up in princess dresses with the girls we have moved in with. I don't have a problem with it but my mom is scared he's going to be gay. On that note I said so what if he is but that's my beliefs...thoughts?

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
For fucks sake. Tell your mom to mind her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM
My DH friend just banned his brother from watching "Fred", the Teen Nick movie/show because apparently Fred is gay and will teach his brother to be gay.

Smfh.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM

1.) If he's gay, he was born that way... what he wears when he's 5 isn't going to change his sexuality.

2.) There's nothing wrong with being gay, so it doesn't matter anyway.

You're doing a great job, mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry i dont agree with boys wearing girl clothes.. Do i think he will be gay because he dresses up like a girl? No.. Do i find it weird, Yes!

withsecond
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Your mom isn't too bright huh?
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Just tell her 'Nah, mom, don't worry. If anything that just means that he'll be a cross-dresser and might steal your makeup when he is older.'
art.diva
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I would just look at her and say, "Ok".  That's what I say to my homophobic dad whenever he gets all weird.  I can't change his beliefs, but I also won't let his toxic hate into my life.  Which means I don't give him the chance to tell me all about how icky and horrible "the gays" are by getting into an argument with him.

cindilou13
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM

This. 

If he is, he is, but playing dress up age appropriately isn't going to affect it.  Try finding him a cape and foam sword and he can be the prince charming rescuing the princesses...you may find it just the whole prince/princess/royalty idea that's appealing to him more than the actual princess stuff.  Or he may just think it's fun to do with his new friends.  My daughter dresses up like a ninja with my son but I don't think that means she's going to grow up to be gay because she's dressing up as a male character now.  I had r2-d2 and c-3po underoos as a kid and did not grow up to be a lesbian...or a droid lol.

Quoting NiamhWitch:

1.) If he's gay, he was born that way... what he wears when he's 5 isn't going to change his sexuality.

2.) There's nothing wrong with being gay, so it doesn't matter anyway.

You're doing a great job, mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Dafuq? 

Quoting Anonymous: My DH friend just banned his brother from watching "Fred", the Teen Nick movie/show because apparently Fred is guy and will teach his brother to be gay.

Smfh.

Sissi30
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Umm ur boy. I would never let my boy wear dresses. He is also 5
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN