Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cold Turkey Quitters....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I have tried the gum....it makes me vomit.

I have tried the patch...I am allergic and it gives me hives.

I have tried Chantix...it constipated me and gave me VIOLENT nightmares. 

I desperately need and want to quit smoking, but none of the aids help. 

Any cold-turkey quitters out there?  How'd you do it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:14 PM

My SO stopped going to get them for me. Pretty simple. It worked :]

mom2gmp2
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't smoke, but my husband does. He bought one of those vaporizors. You can control the nicotine level in them. He just started with this new one (which he says is better than the ecigs he's tried before), and really feels it'll help him quit because he can taper off the nicotine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I smoked from age 14 until I was 31.  I would not consider myself a true addict though because  I quit cold turkey and never went back to it.  Same thing with alcohol.  I drank a lot on weekends in my 20s.  Just stopped doing that too.  Now if I have 5 drinks in a year, that is a lot.  I just never had a hard time with it.

clo1988
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 2 weeks into quitting and its pretty easy at this point. Apples and baby carrots where my replacement. Anytime I got/get the urge I start snacking. Laying in bed the first couple days watching movies also helped because I didnt have any triggers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH and I quit cold turkey about 8 years ago. We set a date 6 months in the future and then smoked until the day. I think that knowing it was coming helped us prepare mentally for the day and really helped. It was still hard, but we both did it.

saphiraka
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I got pregnant.. It was one thing to do it to myself.. another to do it to my unborn baby.. It was worth it enough to me to quit..   

Lilfootmommy
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I havent quit yet but the way my dad quit makes me smile everytime i hear the story. One day my mom told him he will never see their children if he doesnt quit. He quit and she took him on a vacation and he never touched one again alexcept to rip mine to pieces.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I quit cold turkey. It was hard and I lapsed for a month but I've been cigarette free for about four months. I have no real advice because once I truly made up my mind to stop I was successful.
xcrystal88
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM

same! as soon as I found out I just quit. 

Quoting saphiraka:

I got pregnant.. It was one thing to do it to myself.. another to do it to my unborn baby.. It was worth it enough to me to quit..   

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM
I just quit. I didn't go to the gas station for almost a month though lol. I haven't smoked since August of last year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)