Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you supposed to wear black to a funeral?

Posted by   + Show Post
My grandma's funeral is tomorrow and I don't really have anything black to wear that is nice-looking and warm. How important is it really that you wear black to a funeral? Is it a big deal?
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Replies (21-28):
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM
I've worn black and white dresses and pant suits. But never bold colors.
debidoula
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Black, Brown, dark blue

Flobrooks
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Any dark color, Navy, Gray, Brown, Burgundy, jsut be sure it is dignified, if a skirt, not too short and blouse not too low cut.  You will probably be covered with a coat most of the time anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Something like navy would be fine too. As long as it is conservative and on the somber side, anything will do. My condolences about your grandmother. 

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM

just don't wear bright colors... or jeans

DizzDizz1985
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:01 AM

I am sorry to hear about that occasionnn :( :(

I usually just keep it subtle and black or very dark :) i dont thin many pay attention to others but its good to just not draw ne attentionz! hehe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:04 AM
I wear whatever color I want to. I wore a light khakis and a pumpkin colored cardigan to my aunt's funeral last week. Her daughter wore RED! Funerals are for the living....not the dead.
alsyli
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. When my dad passed away, the last color I wanted to wear was black. For the rosary, I wore a pink dress and for the burial I wore a white blouse and light colored slacks. Go in what makes you comfortable. What matters is that you are there with the family and paying your last respects. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN