Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I asking too much of DH?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM
  • 35 Replies
No one should have to be treated like staying home and raising your kids is not a job. My husband almost always pulls the 'I don't have to take out the garbage and help wash the dishes because I work hard for 8 hrs.' Thats when I tell him all about my day: 45 min breakfast, nursing, put in a load of laundry, play with son, pick up toys, clean surfaces, put everything in its place that was left out, sweep downstairs, eat a snack wih son, pick up toys son played with since I last picked them up, put clothes into dryer, go uptairs and work on my college classes while trying to drown out Sprout TV for about 2 hours, pickup toys, 45 kin lunch, spend atleast half an hour getting ds to sleep for a nap, put everything away that's out, put away clothes, take a little time to kyself while ds naps, ds wakes up, eat snack with ds, dh gets home from work, dh plays grand theft auto 5, I make dinner, we eat, I ask him to take the trash out and help me wash the the dishes, he bitches for 5 min, I tell him everything I did, he claims he did more, he ends up helping because I stand strong and tell him to shut the f*** and do it because I ask him to only help with the dishes and take the trash out. Do I ask so much of him?
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Malayahsmom06
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Asking him to take out the trash? No, that's not asking too much.
texansmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Lmao. And no.
texansmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the way you worded this; it's hilarious!
heldcaptiveby2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:41 AM
He sounds selfish & lazy!
I am a sahm and my DH takes out the garbage & dishes for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:42 AM

juggling

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Absolutely not.  Buy a cast iron skillet to use to tune his head up every once in a while.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM
45 minute meals?

Nice.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Wait - you have one child, did a load of laundry, and cooked 3 meals?  I'm a sahm (have been for years, but was a working mom before).

Yeah, I think you could have taken out the trash.  Or he could.  Not something worth fighting about.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM
My husband can't pull that card with me. I work more hours than him most days. LOL.

But we just do whatever needs to be done. If I'm not taking out the trash when its full, its likely I'm doing something else so he doesn't get pissy if I ask him to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMeKat
Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.
Today at 12:50 AM
by Kat on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)