Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I asking too much of DH?

Posted by   + Show Post
No one should have to be treated like staying home and raising your kids is not a job. My husband almost always pulls the 'I don't have to take out the garbage and help wash the dishes because I work hard for 8 hrs.' Thats when I tell him all about my day: 45 min breakfast, nursing, put in a load of laundry, play with son, pick up toys, clean surfaces, put everything in its place that was left out, sweep downstairs, eat a snack wih son, pick up toys son played with since I last picked them up, put clothes into dryer, go uptairs and work on my college classes while trying to drown out Sprout TV for about 2 hours, pickup toys, 45 kin lunch, spend atleast half an hour getting ds to sleep for a nap, put everything away that's out, put away clothes, take a little time to kyself while ds naps, ds wakes up, eat snack with ds, dh gets home from work, dh plays grand theft auto 5, I make dinner, we eat, I ask him to take the trash out and help me wash the the dishes, he bitches for 5 min, I tell him everything I did, he claims he did more, he ends up helping because I stand strong and tell him to shut the f*** and do it because I ask him to only help with the dishes and take the trash out. Do I ask so much of him?
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. You make it sound like taking out the trash and having to do the dishes yourself is just too much at the end of the day. I was a sahm myself for a long while with 6 kids and I didn't need hubby to take out the trash. If you need the help try approaching him before dinner and talk to him he might be more receptive to you. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You only have one kid. You can take out the trash and wash dishes through out the day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I do what you do in a full day in the evening after I get home from work. I hate whiney moms who think being at home and taking care of kids is so difficult. It is basic skills and should not take all day. I am willing to bet you have way more free time than you let on.
TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Ds is a veerrryyy slow eater
Quoting Anonymous: 45 minute meals?

Nice.
TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Thanks
Quoting texansmommy: I love the way you worded this; it's hilarious!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:30 AM
This.
I have one kid. I've been a sahm and working. I found being a working parent harder. Still have to do all the same stuff as a sahm, just less time to do it.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Wait - you have one child, did a load of laundry, and cooked 3 meals?  I'm a sahm (have been for years, but was a working mom before).

Yeah, I think you could have taken out the trash.  Or he could.  Not something worth fighting about.

TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Its not just 1 load of laundry and 3 meals, I also have to pick up after he baby so the house isnt an eternal dumping zone of toys and I have to pu5 everything where it goes because my husband doesnt seem to have 5he ability to put his dirty clothes in the three hampers I have put in the places he takes his clothes off and I have 5 college courses I am taking.
Quoting Not_A_Native:

Wait - you have one child, did a load of laundry, and cooked 3 meals?  I'm a sahm (have been for years, but was a working mom before).

Yeah, I think you could have taken out the trash.  Or he could.  Not something worth fighting about.

TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM
O try, but there always seems to be more. I don't ask him to do anything else around the house on a regular basis. Those are his only 2 "chores".
Quoting Anonymous: You only have one kid. You can take out the trash and wash dishes through out the day.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Been there, done that, but with 3 kids and divorced his lazy ass and found a real man. We both work, we both clean house. I cook, and he does the dishes. Now I can't work, he still helps with housework and does the dishes. He always takes out the trash. I've never done it in 24 years.

TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Its the only things I ask him to help out with around he house. Thanks for the advice.
Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. You make it sound like taking out the trash and having to do the dishes yourself is just too much at the end of the day. I was a sahm myself for a long while with 6 kids and I didn't need hubby to take out the trash. If you need the help try approaching him before dinner and talk to him he might be more receptive to you. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN