Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I asking too much of DH?

Posted by   + Show Post
No one should have to be treated like staying home and raising your kids is not a job. My husband almost always pulls the 'I don't have to take out the garbage and help wash the dishes because I work hard for 8 hrs.' Thats when I tell him all about my day: 45 min breakfast, nursing, put in a load of laundry, play with son, pick up toys, clean surfaces, put everything in its place that was left out, sweep downstairs, eat a snack wih son, pick up toys son played with since I last picked them up, put clothes into dryer, go uptairs and work on my college classes while trying to drown out Sprout TV for about 2 hours, pickup toys, 45 kin lunch, spend atleast half an hour getting ds to sleep for a nap, put everything away that's out, put away clothes, take a little time to kyself while ds naps, ds wakes up, eat snack with ds, dh gets home from work, dh plays grand theft auto 5, I make dinner, we eat, I ask him to take the trash out and help me wash the the dishes, he bitches for 5 min, I tell him everything I did, he claims he did more, he ends up helping because I stand strong and tell him to shut the f*** and do it because I ask him to only help with the dishes and take the trash out. Do I ask so much of him?
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM

No. You're good. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM

I only expect my DH to help with household chores on his day off, otherwise he just deals with certain parent duties when he's home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Mine works 10 hours a day and takes the trash out, puts laundry away, helps with dinner and helps bathe all 4 kids. He also plays games but waits until the kids are asleep and after he spends some time with me. I wouldnt put up with a lazy man. Just because he works doesnt mean hes not lazy elsewhere.

TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Im not whining at all, I actually enjoy taking care of my son and home. I think I may have failed to mention that I dont get up until ds does and he sleeps from 9pm - 10am, but I stay up until 12-1am doing more of my school work, sometimes I dont get to bed until 2am. Dh comes home around 3:30 pm and after dinner I do relax wih him. We all spend atleast 2-3 hrs doing activities together. Dinner is usually ready by 5 pm so my housework only takes me3-4 hrs, what takes up most of my time is my school work, between reasing all of my textbooks and completing assignments and writing papers, it usually takes 5-7 hrs a day.
Quoting Anonymous: I do what you do in a full day in the evening after I get home from work. I hate whiney moms who think being at home and taking care of kids is so difficult. It is basic skills and should not take all day. I am willing to bet you have way more free time than you let on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:49 AM
If you can't handle school, one kid and basic household chores you need help getting organized and being on a schedule. Housework should not take 3-4 hours per day and even in a doctorate program I didn't have 5-7 of hours of school work a day.

Quoting TamaraDawn91: Im not whining at all, I actually enjoy taking care of my son and home. I think I may have failed to mention that I dont get up until ds does and he sleeps from 9pm - 10am, but I stay up until 12-1am doing more of my school work, sometimes I dont get to bed until 2am. Dh comes home around 3:30 pm and after dinner I do relax wih him. We all spend atleast 2-3 hrs doing activities together. Dinner is usually ready by 5 pm so my housework only takes me3-4 hrs, what takes up most of my time is my school work, between reasing all of my textbooks and completing assignments and writing papers, it usually takes 5-7 hrs a day.

Quoting Anonymous: I do what you do in a full day in the evening after I get home from work. I hate whiney moms who think being at home and taking care of kids is so difficult. It is basic skills and should not take all day. I am willing to bet you have way more free time than you let on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:54 AM

I hope your kids are not hearing you tell him to shut the f up. 

TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM
I am handing everything just fine. I'm sorry that you chose to cater hand and foot to youe husband, but I will not do the same for mine. I dont bitch him out for not putting the clothes in the hamper, or leaving his dirty dishes all over the house or leavong his shoes in the middle of the floor or the fact that he doesnt want to clean anything, he can barely clean his own ass. He doesn't seem to know how to function without some electronic on. He is constantly either texting his friends, playing a video game or watching tv. I'm so sorry that I ask him to tear himself away from it to do 2 things and he still hasn't done he dishes in days. I even did the dishes for an entire week without saying anything to him about it and you know what? He still bitched when I finally asked him to do them. I ask him everyday to do the dishes or atleast help me with them and I always end up doing them myself. I'm so sorry that I take longer to do the housework because I have my 16 MONTH OLD SON helping me and it takes longer. I don't put my child in daycare just so I can get it all done in 30 mins. I allow him to help me because I will be damned if he grows up like most American children, not knowing how to do anything for hisself, like my husband. I'm sory that my college work takes longer because I am spending most of the time dealing with MY SON, whether he needs a snack or wants to nurse, or needs help opening somehig, or anything else he needs. This post is not about me. It is about my husband. Get over yourself.
Quoting Anonymous: If you can't handle school, one kid and basic household chores you need help getting organized and being on a schedule. Housework should not take 3-4 hours per day and even in a doctorate program I didn't have 5-7 of hours of school work a day.

Quoting TamaraDawn91: Im not whining at all, I actually enjoy taking care of my son and home. I think I may have failed to mention that I dont get up until ds does and he sleeps from 9pm - 10am, but I stay up until 12-1am doing more of my school work, sometimes I dont get to bed until 2am. Dh comes home around 3:30 pm and after dinner I do relax wih him. We all spend atleast 2-3 hrs doing activities together. Dinner is usually ready by 5 pm so my housework only takes me3-4 hrs, what takes up most of my time is my school work, between reasing all of my textbooks and completing assignments and writing papers, it usually takes 5-7 hrs a day.

TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:22 AM
We dont cus around him. I just used it for emphasis.
Quoting Anonymous:

I hope your kids are not hearing you tell him to shut the f up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Lol. Good luck in the working world one day.

Quoting TamaraDawn91: I am handing everything just fine. I'm sorry that you chose to cater hand and foot to youe husband, but I will not do the same for mine. I dont bitch him out for not putting the clothes in the hamper, or leaving his dirty dishes all over the house or leavong his shoes in the middle of the floor or the fact that he doesnt want to clean anything, he can barely clean his own ass. He doesn't seem to know how to function without some electronic on. He is constantly either texting his friends, playing a video game or watching tv. I'm so sorry that I ask him to tear himself away from it to do 2 things and he still hasn't done he dishes in days. I even did the dishes for an entire week without saying anything to him about it and you know what? He still bitched when I finally asked him to do them. I ask him everyday to do the dishes or atleast help me with them and I always end up doing them myself. I'm so sorry that I take longer to do the housework because I have my 16 MONTH OLD SON helping me and it takes longer. I don't put my child in daycare just so I can get it all done in 30 mins. I allow him to help me because I will be damned if he grows up like most American children, not knowing how to do anything for hisself, like my husband. I'm sory that my college work takes longer because I am spending most of the time dealing with MY SON, whether he needs a snack or wants to nurse, or needs help opening somehig, or anything else he needs. This post is not about me. It is about my husband. Get over yourself.
Quoting Anonymous: If you can't handle school, one kid and basic household chores you need help getting organized and being on a schedule. Housework should not take 3-4 hours per day and even in a doctorate program I didn't have 5-7 of hours of school work a day.

TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:27 AM
I will because I will be prepared for it and I will succeed.
Quoting Anonymous: Lol. Good luck in the working world one day.

Quoting TamaraDawn91: I am handing everything just fine. I'm sorry that you chose to cater hand and foot to youe husband, but I will not do the same for mine. I dont bitch him out for not putting the clothes in the hamper, or leaving his dirty dishes all over the house or leavong his shoes in the middle of the floor or the fact that he doesnt want to clean anything, he can barely clean his own ass. He doesn't seem to know how to function without some electronic on. He is constantly either texting his friends, playing a video game or watching tv. I'm so sorry that I ask him to tear himself away from it to do 2 things and he still hasn't done he dishes in days. I even did the dishes for an entire week without saying anything to him about it and you know what? He still bitched when I finally asked him to do them. I ask him everyday to do the dishes or atleast help me with them and I always end up doing them myself. I'm so sorry that I take longer to do the housework because I have my 16 MONTH OLD SON helping me and it takes longer. I don't put my child in daycare just so I can get it all done in 30 mins. I allow him to help me because I will be damned if he grows up like most American children, not knowing how to do anything for hisself, like my husband. I'm sory that my college work takes longer because I am spending most of the time dealing with MY SON, whether he needs a snack or wants to nurse, or needs help opening somehig, or anything else he needs. This post is not about me. It is about my husband. Get over yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)