Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I asking too much of DH?

Posted by   + Show Post
No one should have to be treated like staying home and raising your kids is not a job. My husband almost always pulls the 'I don't have to take out the garbage and help wash the dishes because I work hard for 8 hrs.' Thats when I tell him all about my day: 45 min breakfast, nursing, put in a load of laundry, play with son, pick up toys, clean surfaces, put everything in its place that was left out, sweep downstairs, eat a snack wih son, pick up toys son played with since I last picked them up, put clothes into dryer, go uptairs and work on my college classes while trying to drown out Sprout TV for about 2 hours, pickup toys, 45 kin lunch, spend atleast half an hour getting ds to sleep for a nap, put everything away that's out, put away clothes, take a little time to kyself while ds naps, ds wakes up, eat snack with ds, dh gets home from work, dh plays grand theft auto 5, I make dinner, we eat, I ask him to take the trash out and help me wash the the dishes, he bitches for 5 min, I tell him everything I did, he claims he did more, he ends up helping because I stand strong and tell him to shut the f*** and do it because I ask him to only help with the dishes and take the trash out. Do I ask so much of him?
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Replies (31-35):
mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:29 AM
No, but I do it when cleaning anyway. Im not waiting all day for him to come home to ask him.
TamaraDawn91
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:33 AM
I do too if it fills up and im hard core throwing things away.
Quoting mrspeterrabbit: No, but I do it when cleaning anyway. Im not waiting all day for him to come home to ask him.
mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Idk then...I used my kids too. You might just have to suck it up till son gets older to have chores :)

Quoting TamaraDawn91: I do too if it fills up and im hard core throwing things away.
Quoting mrspeterrabbit: No, but I do it when cleaning anyway. Im not waiting all day for him to come home to ask him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:38 AM
My dh works ft and he does more of the housework than I do. Hes happy doing and hes a got a beyond words wonderful mommy side. Im disabled sahm so some things I cant do. Dh never bitches never; hes very laid back and hard working. Ex husband came down this wknd to see oldest. Him and dh did the laundry together, helped with baths, helped with dinner, got kids in bed and whatever else I needed done. Glad they both get along good. lol Neither will pull that card that they work with me. Because they know me pushing myself will kill me. So nope you are not being unreasonable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:42 AM

You just haven't trained him right. LOL. JK.

If you read books, get HAVE A NEW HUSBAND BY FRIDAY. It's actually really good. Even thought our relationship was good to begin with, it got even better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN