Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think they're trying to tell me something....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My kid turns 3 soon. She's not potty trained. I had a hard time potty training my oldest at 2 so with this one I decided to wait until she's 3. Well within the last 3 weeks I've been given 5 potty chairs.

My best friend gave me her dd's old potty chair, My mom bought a minnie mouse one, my dad and step mom got one of those mini toilet seats that go over the regular toilet, my brother and his gf gave me their son's old potty chair and the guy next door even gave me one. (although I don't think he was trying to tell me anything. He has custody of his granddaughter and she's a few months older than my dd so he brings me all the stuff she out grows)

I kinda feel like they all think I'm starting potty training too late. I hate feeling like I'm being judged...and what am I supposed to do with 5 potty chairs? I only need one.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CassaNova
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Yea it's time. Just put her in undies and tell her to go to the bathroom in the toilet. No diapers. She will get the picture.
Country_Momma89
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Let your DD pick which one she wants from the five and donate the rest. I have a 3.5 year old who still isn't fully trained so no judgment here.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Put one in each bathroom( if you have more then 1) put 1 in her room, 1 in the living room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Have her pick her favorite and give the rest away.
Oh and don't put one in the living room, eww, she shouldn't be learning to use the toilet in a public space.
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is it just me, or does it seem odd that she's not already potty trained? DD was potty trained at 19 months...........

CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD refused to train until she turned 4. I never pushed my kids and they showed me when they were ready. 1 at 2, 1 at 3 and 1 at 4. :)
jenesis509
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Don't let them bully you you know when your kids are ready or not but let her pic one sell or donate the rest
I'd love one! Lol my dd is showing signs of interest
cdjd23
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM
If she really hasn't shown interest til now I wouldn't worry about what other people think. My ds was fully trained by 3 but that's cause he and I were motivated to make that happen. I think part of his motivation is that he hates germs and the feeling of a diaper was not as comfortable for him.
Trini
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:09 AM

My 2 y.o. has 3 potties in the rooms we are in the most.  He uses all of them, but he likes the green frog one the most. I'm thinking about getting him a urinal because he stands to pee . I wish our toilet was shorter so he could use it with steps. Lol  

Put the potties in a few different places and see which one she will go to and go from there. Good luck with potty training .

crazymom21
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:13 AM
It's just you lol. Out of four kids only one of mine potty trained before 2.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Is it just me, or does it seem odd that she's not already potty trained? DD was potty trained at 19 months...........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)